Tring Park CBA Auditions 2018

Balletmumlife

Hello,

I couldn't see one started, so hope it's ok to start a CBA audition 2018 thread. 

I'm already on the Junior Associates train with my 9 year old son, but now my little 6 year daughter (Nearly 7) wants to give it a try. She loves her ballet just like her brother and is auditioning for CBA this year on 10th June.

I always found a thread lovely, helpful and supportive to read when your child is auditioning for these programmes. X

• Like 2

Is your son a JA at Tring or elsewhere? we are considering JAs at various places for my 9 yr old daughter but bearing in mind i have a 6 yr old daughter on her heels and just as keen, we are eager to hear recommendations. we are on south coast 2 hrs from tring so not sure their JA program is right for us, but DD is already asking to board at Tring from year 7.. 

Hello,

My son is a Year 4 RBS JA in London and attends Tring Park CBA. My son loves both programs and lucky to be able to do both. I feel he gets a lot and something different out of each programme and hope he can continue both for Year 5 in September.

My little daughter is just as keen, but CBA will be her first audition for anything like this as she is still only 6. She also hopes to audition for RBS Ja's next year when she is old enough. 

There is a waiting area at Tring, with free tea, coffee, biscuits and Wi-Fi. Not been in the town as always felt comfortable and happy to stay. 

My son would also like to go down the vocational route in Year 7. He'll continue to work hard and we shall see. X

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Mummy2BalletFairies said:

i actually meant to ask, is there somewhere near to Tring that parents can wait and access the internet? I am there all day this Saturday while DD does masterclass and i was hoping there'd by a Pret nearby for coffee and wifi!?

There is a Costa, another trendy cafe restaurant- sorry cannot remember the name and a Prezzo. All have free WiFi and are in walking distance

• Like 1

pinkbex81 your children sound very talented! we auditioned for RBS Year 4 last week- such a beautiful approach to dance. We would love to find something similar for our DDs as we don't expect a yes from RBS but she responds so well to their approach and was enthralled by  the insight workshop- although  i guess most children are. My eldest has poor flexibility in her hamstrings and I'm not sure she has the right hip joints for huge turnout but it's reasonable- just probably not RBS. Shame because in every other way she has very classic ballet physique and expression- is CBA more forgiving in those areas in their JA assessments than RBS or is pre-existing flexibility a big deal for all JA programs do you think? Every Tring pupil we've come across at NYB etc so far is hugely flexible and done lots of body conditioning whereas mine children don't specifically study it in their lessons but just do bar work rather than stretching, and no other gymnastics etc. As a parent I wonder if we just need DDs to get in to a JA program in order to start working sensibly (and supervised) on flexibility or whether we need to do that BEFORE we starting auditioning for these places. Did your son have good flexibility before he was accepted onto those programs?

Mummy2BalletFairies my son was not super flexible when he auditioned last year for RBS. He is not one of the lucky ones who is naturally flexible. With his teachers at home though he does work on stretching, core and strength exercises in his classes. He now stretches every night and does homework exercises from RBS which he also does at home. His flexibility has greatly improved over the year. He has his first assessment at Tring on the 17th so can't comment about flexibility tests in that. My daughter has her audition for Tring on the 10th and they say there is a flexibility test. Again my daughter is not naturally flexible so don't know if this will go against her. 

I don't think anyone really knows what Royal look for at the auditions so always stay positive. Fingers crossed for you in waiting for the results. X

Hi, my daughter auditioned on sunday too. 

Now for the agonising wait to hear!!! 

She had such an amazing time, she really enjoyed it. This was her second audition, she tried out last November but didn’t get a place, they suggested she tried again as her dancing was good. 

So we’ll see.... does anyone know how many places there are? She auditioned in group 1.

thanks! 

6 minutes ago, Ms Sunshine said:

I think it will depend on movement into group 2 (from group 1) and dancers leaving. Quite a few have full time places for September lined up at schools. x

Ah, I see. 

What a the mix in group 1? Is it based on ability or age? My daughter is 8 and in year 4. But she just about to go into grade 2 ballet.

Just now, Ms Sunshine said:

All ages. My dd is one of the oldest in Year 5. I don't think age means much to them. x

Ha! I see... ok. Thanks for all the information. It’s very helpful. 

I think they said 2 weeks for the letters to come out, so we should know before the end of this month!! 

University, Silver, to read modern languages.  ☺️ 

For medical reasons she can't now train full time, but she's taking her RAD Advanced 2 before Uni and also wanted to complete her time at CBA as she's loved it so much.  

• Like 6

26 minutes ago, Jan McNulty said:

I remember Miss Desiré Samaii as a very special dancer with Northern Ballet.  So good to hear how she is getting on as a teacher.

She's a terrific teacher.  Very gifted at explaining not just the "how", but also the "why".  ☺️

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Anna C said:

University, Silver, to read modern languages.  ☺️ 

For medical reasons she can't now train full time, but she's taking her RAD Advanced 2 before Uni and also wanted to complete her time at CBA as she's loved it so much.  

Thats nice to hear Anna. So pleased she’s doing so well. 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Harwel said:

Thats nice to hear Anna. So pleased she’s doing so well. 

Ah, thanks Harwel. ☺️ It's been a very hard journey for her but thank goodness she's come out the other side.  She still loves ballet, can dance part time AND has a new academic dream to pursue.  I know not everyone has that and as a parent, it's such a relief. 

• Like 2