UKA / RAD equivalent grade levels?

ScottishDancerMum

Hi all

We are looking at a ballet competition that is asking for the dancer's grade level.  I'm assuming they are meaning RAD grade level.  

Our school is UKA.  Is there a vast difference in the syllabus that it will be problematic?  While I'll talk to her teacher this week for the application form, if we submit her as a grade 2 or 3 UKA, will she be in the right section as far as RAD is concerned?

If anyone has some info on this, I'd be grateful.

Thanks!

53 minutes ago, ScottishDancerMum said:

Hi all

We are looking at a ballet competition that is asking for the dancer's grade level.  I'm assuming they are meaning RAD grade level.  

Our school is UKA.  Is there a vast difference in the syllabus that it will be problematic?  While I'll talk to her teacher this week for the application form, if we submit her as a grade 2 or 3 UKA, will she be in the right section as far as RAD is concerned?

If anyone has some info on this, I'd be grateful.

Thanks!

Hi, 

If the form is asking for the dancers grade I would honestly enter the exact details of the examination board and the current level for your DC

Sorry I can't help you on the equiv to RAD

Unless it specifically asks for RAD equiv I wouldn't assume that is what they are asking.

For ballet competitions/festivals I have never actually been asked for my DD's grade just her age. 

Good Luck

I plan to put "grade X, UKA Examining Board" but was curious if anyone knew the equivalents. It's for a ballet competition, more so than a festival, and they said they wanted teachers to be precise so that the students were placed against ones at the same level.   

She took her grade 2 UKA exam last March, but won't be taking grade 3 until about October due to some scheduling delays at her dance school. So if we says she's grade 2, are we being truthful but nor correct, but if we say she's in grade 3, we aren't being truthful.  I feel a bit pinched here. 

Just now, ScottishDancerMum said:

I plan to put "grade X, UKA Examining Board" but was curious if anyone knew the equivalents. It's for a ballet competition, more so than a festival, and they said they wanted teachers to be precise so that the students were placed against ones at the same level.   

She took her grade 2 UKA exam last March, but won't be taking grade 3 until about October due to some scheduling delays at her dance school. So if we says she's grade 2, are we being truthful but nor correct, but if we say she's in grade 3, we aren't being truthful.  I feel a bit pinched here. 

I would say that your DD is in grade 3,as when she has taken her grade 3 exam, she will then be in grade 4.

my DD is currently learning intermediate grade, so that's what grade we say she is.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Pixiewoo said:

I would say that your DD is in grade 3,as when she has taken her grade 3 exam, she will then be in grade 4.

my DD is currently learning intermediate grade, so that's what grade we say she is.

Same here. Dd is in grade 5 class ( will take that exam in two months)