My former drama teacher was on Corrie tonight !

Lisa O`Brien

For those who watch it, Susan Hilton, my drama teacher at Lostock School, Stretford Manchester, and a fantastic supporter of my dancing, appeared as Doris on Coronation Street tonight in several scenes. She was the one wearing glasses. After she retired from teaching she went back to acting professionally and works on the stage regularly. She trained at Manchester Polytechnic    (Now Manchester Metropolitan University) with Victoria Wood and Julie Walters, and it was just so lovely seeing her have multiple speaking parts and scenes on her Coronation Street debut tonight. Hope we see more of her and her two friends !! 

Edited by Lisa O`Brien
  • Like 1

I only started watching Corrie in the last few months ( after reading about a juicy story line which was on the horizon). Never watch any other soaps. In fact, the last time I watched Coronation Street before this period was when Hilda Ogden left. ( In my snobbery, i'm kind of hoping that once this particular story line has ended it will all go back to being boring again, and I will stop watching it once more) !!

On the whole I think there is a time limit for these soaps. I watched Coronation St for quite a few years when I was much younger and then in my 30/40's I watched Eastenders.

probably my worst soap addiction strangely was Neighbours! But not in the early days of it....much further down the line.

I think I sort of watched it as some sort of relaxation when first coming home from work when you don't want anything too taxing for a few hours. Even when I could see that the storylines were sort of being repeated I still watched it!! 

But haven't watched any soaps for about ten years or so now. 

• Like 1