RBS Junior Associates 2018

Sugarplummum

• Replies 488
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

29 minutes ago, HopelessMummy said:

Stumbled across this forum last year. It was a no from London last year on 21/6 for us so we are not expecting results until at least next week. It's going to be a no again but she had a good laugh at the audition.

Thanks for that info, I won’t stop breathing then every time my phone buzzes this week and I get a promotional message from Marks and Spencer’s 

3 minutes ago, Tops said:

Yes awaiting B'ham and really hoping it comes today. I've turned my email off for a few hours so I can focus at work !! Is it usually afternoon that they email ? 

Our yes arrived at 10.24 last Thursday! X

12 minutes ago, ExpatB said:

What is the email subject line? 

The contents for yes/no/swl?

Subject line

[The Royal Ballet School] JA Result: Totnes Junior Associate Audition

Then result in the e mail text. Good luck all - lots of butterflies when the e mail finally appeared in my inbox!! X

1 minute ago, NicolaP17 said:

Our yes email had a attachment sign next to the subject which is a sign of good news as it had all the details attached to it of the course. I believe the no's are quite short and sweet ... best of luck x

No attachment this year - details to follow in July 😊. X

13 minutes ago, NicolaP17 said:

Oh gosh sorry guys, I just feel for you all I think it is actually worse for the parents then the children x

My daughter has absolutely no idea of the magnitude of this thing. I didn’t want to stress her. She just wants to dance. I said we’d try out a new school. That’s about it. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Bbc14t said:

Only me again! Would be very interested to know if anyone actually gets invited to join on the day of audition, on the information sheet given it said some children may be offered a place on the day? 

Wow, I missed that bit... 

one must be very special for that.

It surely wasn’t my DD.

What age group is your child in in London? When was your audition? 

We were 3 PM on Friday the 1st. 

29 minutes ago, Bbc14t said:

Only me again! Would be very interested to know if anyone actually gets invited to join on the day of audition, on the information sheet given it said some children may be offered a place on the day? 

I’ve heard of children going for MA places who on the day have been suggested they audition for WL but not of anyone actually being offered Associates places on the day -can’t imagine they would do that with the number of groups they have to see?

Edited by Hazel

43 minutes ago, Bbc14t said:

The sheet says that from the audition few children will be invited...however all will receive response. I don't take that to mean children will be offered on the day of the audition itself. Rather it's a reassurance that everyone will get a response even though there are few spaces. Does that  make sense? I would find it surprising if they did offer on the day

Edited by HopelessMummy
Clarification

Bath results are filtering out. It’s a No for my DD but that’s a relief as we’d already accepted her place at Elmhurst Associates and didn’t want to be having to make a choice. She also got her Grade 1 ballet exam result at the weekend - her first Distinction - so we’re already super proud of her. Hope there are some yes’s for Bath on their way. Simply fab teacher there who taught my elder DD who loved her classes so

much. 

• Like 2

Dancefanatic- sorry it’s a no but glad you have a brilliant option with Elmhurst x did your daughter audition at Bath??? If they are going in centre order that just leaves Eastleigh and London to go??

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Hazel said:

Dancefanatic- sorry it’s a no but glad you have a brilliant option with Elmhurst x did your daughter audition at Bath??? If they are going in centre order that just leaves Eastleigh and London to go??

Thanks Hazel. And yes, she auditioned in Bath. 

Aw that makes more sense I did wonder how on earth they could possibly pick on the day with so many to see. 

XpatB my sons audition was on 29th May last group of the day. How about everyone else’s DC? X

Dancefanatic sorry to hear of a no from Royal, but a fantastic achievement re Elmhurst. Welldone to your DD! 

My DD auditioned for a Yr5 place on 16th May in Birmingham. She really enjoyed the whole experience, but thankfully she completely understands that it’s unlikely she will be offered a place. I’m still refreshing emails though. 🙄 

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Raquelle said:

Aw we’ve heard back from Bath and it’s a no for us. A lovely experience all the same and I’m sure we’ll be back next year! Just such a shame there is no feedback. Good luck everyone and well done all x 

Aw sorry to hear this, at least you can now move forward dont give up always next year x