RBS Junior Associates 2018

Sugarplummum

• Replies 488
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, Sugarplummum said:

Well you already know the Birmingham results are coming out and it is a no for dd, but she is very new to all this and only just started on this journey. She is doing Midlands Associates this year so we will try again next year with a bit more experience under her belt 😊 

She really enjoyed the experience though so thats nice!

Congratulations to all who have a place and sorry to those who have a 'not yet , your are still all amazing little dancers 😁.

I'm sorry to hear that but also really glad that your DD enjoyed her audition.  She's done well to get into Midland associates. If she wants to do more please consider Chantry Associates at Grantham. If they have space they allow students in all year round. Audition is in the form of a class x

Edited by Tatasmum

2 hours ago, Bluebird22 said:

Well, after a crushing no thank you this time last year, my boy student with the gorgeous legs, gorgeous feet and sparkling personality has got a yes! 

Please don’t be disheartened with a no and listen to your teachers that you see every week, because a panel of 4 people who see hundreds of kids over the course of a day, can’t be relied on to always make the best decisions! 

That’s fantastic bluebird , do you know if he’s in 24 or 32 weeks be lovely if he’s with my ds who’s in Bham Jas .  😊

• Like 1

Lots of yeses on here- well done to you all! Can somebody please confirm, is there REALLY a letter that is a little more promising that the one we got which went along lines of... "sorry you didnt get a place but there were lots of enthusiastic dancers and we are not offering you a place. ..Feel free to apply again as children develop at different rates (i.e. we have to put this bit in here but we don't want to give you any hope) and if you want any feedback your teacher is best placed to advise...just don't call us."

Basically a massive door slam. Are we simply reading different things into the same letter or is there honestly another letter sent out to those with a better chance in future that reads more like "PLEASE do apply again."?! Please don't worry about offending me- I just want to understand where we are as DD now set on applying for Y6 and I would prefer to be straight with her.  Thank you all in advance.

2 hours ago, Bbc14t said:

Aw that’s a shame hope his is ok. Was he one of the Birmingham auditions? I always thought height would be an advantage. My son is definitely more on the petite side so not sure if that’s going to be good or bad?

throwing in my two pennyworth, they really seem to be going for small and more gymnastic looking girls (and boys?)and not your typical  tall-but not-too-tall/long leg/neck/more classical ballerina types.anybody else agree?feel free to disagree! i was discsusing with a friend and she was convinced it was still about long legs etc but I just haven't seen that in recent years...and this year think that trend has continued...interesting times...

I’ve seen all types of girls offered places - my daughter is small and has a gymnasts build  but never got offered a place!  I don’t think there’s anyway one can analyse it. I think they just see a certain something they like?

• Like 1

Hi ,

Just to say my dd got that no letter in yr 4... SWL in Yr 5... and a yes in Yr 6...and that’s quite common ..the ‘no ‘letter is quite truthful kids do change dramatically. Incidentally she is now at WL and there is a VAST range of height in each year including yr 7 although all seem to have the long legs...(she is in Yr 8 and  currently is 5 ft 6😉)

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Dreamingwithherfeet said:

It was a NO for us. But not too much disappointment,as she has a  place with Ballet Boost Associates and Summer School with Ballet Boost, which she is very excited about. Big congratulations to all the Yes and a big hug to all the No, xx

Sorry to hear it was a no this time but great opportunity with Ballet boost x

7 minutes ago, Dreamingwithherfeet said:

It was a NO for us. But not too much disappointment,as she has a  place with Ballet Boost Associates and Summer School with Ballet Boost, which she is very excited about. Big congratulations to all the Yes and a big hug to all the No, xx

DD also got a no for rbs but is excited to be starting ballet boost in September, are you doing Richmond or Devon?

I honestly don't think London will be out this week. My 9yo said quite insightfully that 'no one knows what they're after' and 'there's no point in fretting about it, what's done is done' 😂

I just can't wait for the world cup to start to distract me from this forum 😂😂

51 minutes ago, Mummy2BalletFairies said:

Lots of yeses on here- well done to you all! Can somebody please confirm, is there REALLY a letter that is a little more promising that the one we got which went along lines of... "sorry you didnt get a place but there were lots of enthusiastic dancers and we are not offering you a place. ..Feel free to apply again as children develop at different rates (i.e. we have to put this bit in here but we don't want to give you any hope) and if you want any feedback your teacher is best placed to advise...just don't call us."

Basically a massive door slam. Are we simply reading different things into the same letter or is there honestly another letter sent out to those with a better chance in future that reads more like "PLEASE do apply again."?! Please don't worry about offending me- I just want to understand where we are as DD now set on applying for Y6 and I would prefer to be straight with her.  Thank you all in advance.

Hello! We got the same letter as you. However a pupil of my dance teachers friend supposedly had one saying that they wanted her to come back next year but couldn’t guarantee she would get in?! Not sure what to make of it really x 

@Raquelle,  dd2 had that letter (please come back next year) when she didn't get a place from the SWL a couple of years ago and they were closing the waiting list. She auditioned the following year and it was true - it wasn't a guarantee of a place she went back to being a straight "no" with the original "we wouldn't want to dissuade anyone from applying again in the future" letter!!🤣

Edited by MAK

41 minutes ago, Mummy2BalletFairies said:

Sounds like the standard "no" letter that's been in use for many years. At least 11 years anyway, as that's pretty much exactly what my DD got that many years ago, and what I've heard every year since, either from friends or this forum (or both). As far as I'm aware, everyone gets it, unless they are a yes or waiting list. I don't think you can read anything into it one way or the other to be honest. It would be lovely if they gave more individual feedback, but the numbers are huge so I guess it would be too big a job. But to put it into perspective, remember that something like 90% of applicants have had that letter, so you are in good company. The JA no letter is tough to receive, especially as its often the first rejection a young dancer has had, but don't see it as the end of anything. Yes, that particular door is shut for this year at least, but it doesn't mean all doors are shut forever. The saying is that there are many roads to Rome. I agree with that, but also think that there are many other destinations that are just as nice as Rome ......don't put too much emphasis on any one route or destination.

• Like 5

To be honest , The children I know are all different some taller and willowy and some more smaller gymnastic slender , but as most have said , there’s so many that audition that would be great but there’s only so many spaces , and many do get in at a later date , some not at all , but still become amazing dancers ,it’s an amazing programme and I’m sure they would love to invite everyone who has potential.  

I wouldn’t be able to choose it must be so difficult .especially  In only an hour when they see so many talented little ones .

When , or even if you never attend  JAs has no bearing on future prospects as children  do develop at different rates and some of the most amazing dancers in the world hadnt even started to dance at 8 or even 11 . Some just go straight to WL at 11 and soar . 

Any of the associates are an amazing opportunity , their journey loving ballet , is the most important thing of all . Wherever they dance 💗💙

42 minutes ago, Dancemomdot said:

DD also got a no for rbs but is excited to be starting ballet boost in September, are you doing Richmond or Devon?

42 minutes ago, Dancemomdot said:

We are Devon x

Edited by Dreamingwithherfeet

1 hour ago, Mummy2BalletFairies said:

throwing in my two pennyworth, they really seem to be going for small and more gymnastic looking girls (and boys?)and not your typical  tall-but not-too-tall/long leg/neck/more classical ballerina types.anybody else agree?feel free to disagree! i was discsusing with a friend and she was convinced it was still about long legs etc but I just haven't seen that in recent years...and this year think that trend has continued...interesting times...

Well, use me as a reference. My DD is very small, about a head shorter than her classmates. 120 cm. Summer born year 3 student. 

About 17 kg, alltogether.

A squad member actual gymnast.

Awating results for London...

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, ExpatB said:

Well, use me as a reference. My DD is very small, about a head shorter than her classmates. 120 cm. Summer born year 3 student. 

She sounds so sweet!......lets hope it works for her!! good luck!!! xx

33 minutes ago, ExpatB said:

My daughter was very small for her age and was offered SWL the first time we applied. The feedback was thst thry liked her but wanted to see if she grew. She grew a lot in the next year and joined JAs then. She was still small compared to her classmates but had long legs compared to her body. She is very light in weight but doesnt look skinny. 17kg is very light- about 2.5 stone. Good luck, hope its a yes for you DD 😃

3 minutes ago, Living2dance said:

My daughter was very small for her age and was offered SWL the first time we applied. The feedback was thst thry liked her but wanted to see if she grew. She grew a lot in the next year and joined JAs then. She was still small compared to her classmates but had long legs compared to her body. She is very light in weight but doesnt look skinny. 17kg is very light- about 2.5 stone. Good luck, hope its a yes for you DD 😃

and may i ask, how did you acquire the feedback?

9 hours ago, ExpatB said:

Hi there, same, same, same and same.

Just joined here, London audition, last day, girl. 

😘

😀 What class was your daughter in? Mine was the 1.30. 

9 hours ago, Bbc14t said:

Not only am I now refreshing my email I am refreshing this page every 10 minutes to see if anyone else hears - getting silly now I really need to learn to be patient 😂

come on london results!! 

Me too! 😂

I’m on pins! Really hoping we hear before the weekend. 

I know people have said London after the weekend but they can’t do Birmingham and then not do London on thurs and fri this week, can they? Can they?? Come on RBS email fairy..... 🧚🏻‍♀️🧚🏻‍♀️