RBS Junior Associates 2018

Sugarplummum

9 hours ago, Curlypearl said:

Thank you, I have everything crossed! It’s so hard as I don’t know how long the waiting lists are and how many children above but it’s reassuring to know that other children have been awarded places when they are on the waiting list. If it’s not her turn this year DD will try again next year! 

We were on waiting list as well last year, but didn't get a phone call. The next step for you is to say you want to be on the waiting list and list the centre's in order of preference that you could attend. And then fingers crossed for a place. You'll be on the waiting list for quite a while, so anything can happen.

Last year about 1300 children applied, or that was what my daughter's teacher was told. Good luck! (And well done, a SWL place out of so many children  is a good achievement).

• Replies 488
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

5 minutes ago, PetitJeté said:

Just joined this forum to join the nervous wait! My dd auditioned for London JAs on the last day of auditions. Thought we were in for a long wait, but hoping not now all the other results coming out! 😬

Good luck fingers crossed x

11 hours ago, Curlypearl said:

Hi I only stumbled across this forum today. It’s great, I’ve kearnt so much already! My daughter auditioned at Eastleigh for a London space as we were away over half term and we heard today she’s been offered a waiting list place. Does anyone with experience know  exactly how this works? I was told they had 1200 audition this year for the Junior associates!

Congratulations on being offered a waiting list place the competition is fierce so even to get that is amazing! Fingers crossed for you it turns into a yes x

24 minutes ago, PetitJeté said:

Just joined this forum to join the nervous wait! My dd auditioned for London JAs on the last day of auditions. Thought we were in for a long wait, but hoping not now all the other results coming out! 😬

Hi there, same, same, same and same.

Just joined here, London audition, last day, girl. 

😘

55 minutes ago, PetitJeté said:

Last year we were in the very last audition in London and results were emailed on 21st June!!!!

2 hours ago, Meglorien said:

We were on waiting list as well last year, but didn't get a phone call. The next step for you is to say you want to be on the waiting list and list the centre's in order of preference that you could attend. And then fingers crossed for a place. You'll be on the waiting list for quite a while, so anything can happen.

Last year about 1300 children applied, or that was what my daughter's teacher was told. Good luck! (And well done, a SWL place out of so many children  is a good achievement).

In terms of SWL, my daughter was on it 3 days!!!!! Must have been near the top!!!! So sometimes not on it for a long time at all :)

Edited by sunrise81

Well, after a crushing no thank you this time last year, my boy student with the gorgeous legs, gorgeous feet and sparkling personality has got a yes! 

Please don’t be disheartened with a no and listen to your teachers that you see every week, because a panel of 4 people who see hundreds of kids over the course of a day, can’t be relied on to always make the best decisions! 

• Like 9

44 minutes ago, sunrise81 said:

Last year we were in the very last audition in London and results were emailed on 21st June!!!!

In terms of SWL, my daughter was on it 3 days!!!!! Must have been near the top!!!! So sometimes not on it for a long time at all :)

Yes, indeed. What I meant was that even if you don't hear back immediately, anything can happen during the first term, especially if you include other centres too.

20 minutes ago, Meglorien said:

Yes, indeed. What I meant was that even if you don't hear back immediately, anything can happen during the first term, especially if you include other centres too.

And don't give up trying if a place doesn't come up from the SWL this year.

DD had SWL for y6 Jas, y8 MAs and Y9 MAs and we had a call a few weeks ago offering her a place for y9 from September.

• Like 2

40 minutes ago, Bluebird22 said:

Well, after a crushing no thank you this time last year, my boy student with the gorgeous legs, gorgeous feet and sparkling personality has got a yes! 

Please don’t be disheartened with a no and listen to your teachers that you see every week, because a panel of 4 people who see hundreds of kids over the course of a day, can’t be relied on to always make the best decisions! 

This is fantastic news huge congratulations x

16 minutes ago, CrazyDanceMum said:

Ah its a No result here. DD auditioned at the end of day 2 so London results should hopefully be out soon. Gook luck everyone still waiting x

Aw I am so sorry to hear this, hope you come back next year x

48 minutes ago, Bluebird22 said:

Congratulations bluebird!! 

16 minutes ago, Bbc14t said:

Any London results yet? Assuming we will be one of the first as we were first day! My nerves are shot!

Last year I remember thinking it was only London left so it should be the following day and ended up waiting until over the weekend, then thought right has to be Monday and the boys for London came out and not the girls! They were put out a different day! It was agonising! 

Edited by DanceMum83
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, DanceMum83 said:

Last year I remember thinking it was only London left so it should be the following day and ended up waiting until over the weekend, then thought right has to be Monday and the boys for London came out and not the girls! They were put out a different day! It was agonising! 

Eek let’s pray to the RBS email fairy to put us all out of our misery before the weekend!

Well you already know the Birmingham results are coming out and it is a no for dd, but she is very new to all this and only just started on this journey. She is doing Midlands Associates this year so we will try again next year with a bit more experience under her belt 😊 

She really enjoyed the experience though so thats nice!

Congratulations to all who have a place and sorry to those who have a 'not yet , your are still all amazing little dancers 😁.

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, drdance said:

It was a No for my pupil - I thought he was a little tall perhaps for RBS but he has so much potential and stunning legs and feet. Hopefully he's not too upset.

Aw that’s a shame hope his is ok. Was he one of the Birmingham auditions? I always thought height would be an advantage. My son is definitely more on the petite side so not sure if that’s going to be good or bad?

8 minutes ago, Bbc14t said:

Aw that’s a shame hope his is ok. Was he one of the Birmingham auditions? I always thought height would be an advantage. My son is definitely more on the petite side so not sure if that’s going to be good or bad?

His mum isn’t a ballet mum at all so she’s not really bothered, she’s quite happy to not have to trek to Birmingham every weekend! I don’t know if it’s height per se but proportions - my lad is long in the body. 

Yes it was Birmingham