RBS Junior Associates 2018

Sugarplummum

13 hours ago, Mummy2BalletFairies said:

onwards and upwards xx

13 hours ago, Raquelle said:

Aw we’ve heard back from Bath and it’s a no for us. A lovely experience all the same and I’m sure we’ll be back next year! Just such a shame there is no feedback. Good luck everyone and well done all x 

You can call them and they let you know why it was a No this time. They write notes on them all, a friend of ours called last year and they let her know the reason. 

• Replies 488
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

23 minutes ago, BalletShoes5 said:

Birmingham and London - The two '2 dayers' kind of makes sense, I was hoping today for Birmingham but I'm thinking end of the week now. What are we all like?!!  x

I think London was 3 days: Wednesday, Thursday, Friday. We went on Friday at 3 PM, but a girl we know was on Wednesday. 

It was massive. 

4 minutes ago, ExpatB said:

I think London was 3 days: Wednesday, Thursday, Friday. We went on Friday at 3 PM, but a girl we know was on Wednesday. 

It was massive. 

London started on Tuesday for boys, surprised how many boys auditioned! 

2 minutes ago, Tops said:

Where is Birmingham ? Felt sure if would be yesterday or today. The wait is worse each day :(

I promised myself and everyone who knew about this audition that I shall not obsess. I know how slim the chances are for a girl in a London. 

Yet here I am. 

I suck at waiting, for anything and besides you guys here I don’t think anyone would understand how I feel. 

• Like 1

Just now, Hazel said:

Sweepstake time. I’m betting Thursday for London to start arriving...maybe later today/tomorrow for Birmingham?

I wish you were right, but I put my money on next Monday for London. 

Has anyone tried logging into the royal ballet and seeing if anything has changed? We are awaiting Birmingham, they are not known for getting results out quickly. DD did sleeping beauty dreams in Feb and what should have been a two week wait turned into four weeks!

2 minutes ago, Dancemomdot said:

Has anyone tried logging into the royal ballet and seeing if anything has changed? We are awaiting Birmingham, they are not known for getting results out quickly. DD did sleeping beauty dreams in Feb and what should have been a two week wait turned into four weeks!

I logged in but nothing there

Cant understand why they have skipped over b'ham. Leeds and manchester results have come out and i thought they had auditions over 2 days too. Might have to leave phone at home tomorrow as im not getting much work done with the constant refreshing of emails. This is torture.

• Like 1

Hi I only stumbled across this forum today. It’s great, I’ve kearnt so much already! My daughter auditioned at Eastleigh for a London space as we were away over half term and we heard today she’s been offered a waiting list place. Does anyone with experience know  exactly how this works? I was told they had 1200 audition this year for the Junior associates!

6 minutes ago, Curlypearl said:

Hi I only stumbled across this forum today. It’s great, I’ve kearnt so much already! My daughter auditioned at Eastleigh for a London space as we were away over half term and we heard today she’s been offered a waiting list place. Does anyone with experience know  exactly how this works? I was told they had 1200 audition this year for the Junior associates!

My DD was on SWL last year. We got a phone call a few days later from Sylvia Hubbard to say they had a place for her :) It's all to do with who accepts the places as people sometimes audition for more than one scheme etc. 

Edited by sunrise81

21 minutes ago, sunrise81 said:

My DD was on SWL last year. We got a phone call a few days later from Sylvia Hubbard to say they had a place for her :) It's all to do with who accepts the places as people sometimes audition for more than one scheme etc. 

Thank you, I have everything crossed! It’s so hard as I don’t know how long the waiting lists are and how many children above but it’s reassuring to know that other children have been awarded places when they are on the waiting list. If it’s not her turn this year DD will try again next year! 

Edited by Curlypearl

Welcome to the forum Curlypearl!

My JA experience was many years ago now (son's now nearly 25!) but he got a place from the waiting list and then went to White Lodge, followed by Elmhurst, then danced professionally for 3 years (sadly no longer, but hey ho....)

Daughter got straight in but then didn't get WL or MAs much to everyone's suppose at the time, but then decided to dance for fun (but seriously) throughout her teens and concentrate on academics instead - she's (hopefully) about to qualify as a vet). 

Youngest son also got waiting list and didn't get in. Quickly realised he was only doing it because the others did lol.

We hear of lots on Thistle forum who don't get in the first (or other) time but go on to have dance careers.

I'm just saying all this here to show you that there are many different stories behind children applying for JAs.

Good luck to everyone waiting to hear. You'll have many more years of this kind of waiting ahead if they continue on this mad path - believe me - it gets worse 🤣

• Like 2