Sugarplummum

RBS Junior Associates 2018

Mr Annear said results will be out by early July unless they get a chance to look at things over half term, in which case late June. Best to try and forget about them as the time really will drag otherwise. 

My younger DD was there this afternoon & really enjoyed the class. Managed to avoid seeing all the ‘bendiness’ thanks to being later arriving than planned (over- turned car with caravan on the M4) but really don’t let that worry you. My elder DD auditioned four years ago & came out saying she wouldn’t get a place as she couldn’t do the splits whilst others could. A couple of weeks later she was offered a Y6 place and is ending her second year at vocational school. The bendiest DC may not have the elusive factor that RBS are looking for and JAs really is about potential plus aptitude for their style of training. 

Big well done to all those DC auditioning as you’ve had a fab day out doing class with an exceptional teacher and hopefully made some fantastic memories. 

• Like 1

Apparently "not easy and not hard". "Nobody spoke". 'we did 8 gallops across the room by ourselves then that was the only dancing we did on our own (does demonstration- looked odd- i said that looks odd, she says well the music was jumpy) ." "we had to be seaweed attached to a rock."  'i tried exquisitely hard and managed to be more flexible than normal today." 😂

Clearly i don't think we will be getting much useful info from my DD! 

Think they lined them up from the get go in 4  lines of about 5. They looked at feet and posture early on. Looked at them in different profiles and bends.

It kind of sounds like they're going for body proportions and posture for most the audition- what I don't quite understand is how they can tell who is trainable into a better posture and who isn't, as We all know it can be improved... Then a few more physical exercises to demonstrate flexibility. Then a little musical stuff I guess to confirm if they're musical/have dance style required. I thought there'd be more dancing than DD described. Hope that helps. 

• Like 2

We have London auditions on Friday. Think I’m more nervous than DD. 

On 30/05/2018 at 13:06, Hazel said:

We have London auditions on Friday. Think I’m more nervous than DD. 

Hope your DD enjoyed herself. All auditions finished. Now just the wait 😱!!

Just thought I’d share little DS’s experiences from his audition on Tuesday. He absolutely loved it despite being very nervous beforehand. Lots of standing in various positions, stretching and pointing his toes “so hard it hurt”!  Perhaps because of the lightning storm raging outside the pianist (“she was REALLY good”) played a piece of music that built up from slow to fast which the boys had to interpret as being in a storm. DS’s demonstration at home later made us all howl with laughter so who knows what the RB staff made of it! Stuff at the barre too; he couldn’t remember exactly what!  He has since asked me at hourly intervals if I think he’ll get in. Who knows?! What do they do to the children in those auditions to make them love the experience so much?!  DS and all the boys came out beaming! We are not looking forward to the wait at all though. Last year he got a “No” on his birthday. Fingers crossed for something different this year! 

• Like 1

Flora11 I hope the wait isn't too bad for you all and really hope you have positive news this year! Fingers crossed for you! Lovely to hear that your son enjoyed himself. X

Thank you! Fingers crossed for all the DC who auditioned this year and good luck to all the parents waiting too!! 

Really feeling the wait now, when is the earliest results will come ? I think previously they have been second week in June. 

My guess is week commencing 25th June but that’s just me guessing.  Also, if your DC auditions in a different centre from the one you applied to attend (if lucky enough to get in), does the result go out with the centre where DC auditioned or the centre which DC intends to attend?  Not the case for my DD btw - she auditioned where she intends to attend - just curious as I overheard some mums discussing this recently.

2 hours ago, Tops said:

Really feeling the wait now, when is the earliest results will come ? I think previously they have been second week in June. 

Hello Tops, may I wish you a belated welcome to the Forum!

4 hours ago, balletmadmama said:

My guess is week commencing 25th June but that’s just me guessing.  Also, if your DC auditions in a different centre from the one you applied to attend (if lucky enough to get in), does the result go out with the centre where DC auditioned or the centre which DC intends to attend?  Not the case for my DD btw - she auditioned where she intends to attend - just curious as I overheard some mums discussing this recently.

We auditioned in Birmingham one year for a bath place as we were on holiday for the bath audition! Our email come out with the Birmingham results. 

Last year bath results came out on the 15th June x

Posted (edited)

The email that we had confirming audition time said everyone will get a result mid June but at the audition they said end June/first week July. I hate the wait 🤞

Edited by Hazel

They come out by order of centre audition. We auditioned in London....last audition....and result was emailed on 21st June :) Though we were auditioning for Leeds which had resukts out earlier, so was an extra few days wait for ours  

Good luck to all of you waiting! That was us last year for Eastleigh. We were told we would hear in July, but received our email at lunch time on the 13th June. It is a nervous wait isn’t it! Xx

Hi Im new to this forum but have been following from afar. Just thought id let you know newcastle results are out! Its a yes for my DD and also her Friend too. We are thrilled. Wont be long now for other centres. X 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Rose-ballerina-Mam said:

Hi Im new to this forum but have been following from afar. Just thought id let you know newcastle results are out! Its a yes for my DD and also her Friend too. We are thrilled. Wont be long now for other centres. X 

Well done to your DD and her friend - I guess Totnes next 😮

Eeeek I love it when it’s early! Thank you Royal Ballet email sender fairy! 

Will be running on nervous energy until I hear about my Birmingham lovelies 

• Like 1

Oooo do they go one centre a day?? (Tries to work out when London will come!)

Newcastle 
Totnes
Manchester
Leeds 
Birmingham 
Bath 
Eastleigh
London 

Order of auditions

Huge congrats! What year will she be joining? How nice that she gets to experience it all with her friend!

She will be starting Year 4, but I believe newcastle is a mixed class of year 4/5/6. Her friend is year 5. We are so pleased. 

My DD also got offered Elmhurst associates too, after speaking with a few friends who have children in both programmes, I think the days and times clash, so will obviously go with RBS JAs xx 

Well done to your dd rose-ballerina-mam exciting times ahead. Btw friends of ours did Both at Newcastle and Sunderland but obviously time change  :wub:

c4d

We have a yes for Totnes, I can’t quite believe it, I keep checking the e mail to make sure I’ve read it right!!

• Like 4

Darkbeans- what great news! Did you find out before school or will it be a nice surprise when you see your daughter later?

Fantastic news everyone! 😃 And SO early! I feel quite sick now though!!