Sugarplummum

RBS Junior Associates 2018

8 minutes ago, Bbc14t said:

OMG he got in!!! I am thrilled and cannot wait to tell him. 🙌🤗

Good luck to all of you waiting x

So happy for him! Congratulations. All the best.

7 minutes ago, Hazel said:

If you were last group Tues, does that mean they’re going to send Wednesday results now???

I hope so for you all - keeping everything crossed! X

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Bbc14t said:

OMG he got in!!! I am thrilled and cannot wait to tell him. 🙌🤗

Good luck to all of you waiting x

Congratulations 😊

6 hours ago, ExpatB said:

I just saw the Associates dancing at the fair on Saturday, I took a good look and trust me, there were all kids of bodies there. 

I think the only thing they had in common was that none of them had any extra weight on them. 

It’s true, JA girls are all very different. There are lots of discussions on the forum about the legs but in truth once the dancer is on point we have the illusion of extremely long legs. I watched the new Swan Lake and all RBC dancers have very long arms and necks.  It is known  that musicality, artistry and enjoyment of dance are taken into consideration 

Good luck to all children !

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Dancer123 said:

Usually it’s the yeses followed by the No’s

I know someone that had a no about an hour ago. 

And also last year a friend of ours found out 3 hours before us they got ano and we had a yes.

so you just don’t know! 

We got a No for year 6 last year after SWL for year 5 JA’s then we applied for a year 7 place at White Lodge and got to finals and SWL for MA’s! Think

you just have to keep going and nothing is set in stone! She then got Spring and Summer Course! Not sure we will ever fully make it

Onto MAs or the school

but she wants to keep trying! Hope you DD is ok x

• Like 4

15 minutes ago, Tiredtoes said:

As expected it’s a no for my DD (y6) but good luck for all those still waiting.

Sorry to hear that tiredtoes hope your DD is ok. X

It's SWL for us again this year. Good luck to all of those still waiting.

11 minutes ago, ExpatB said:

Are the London girls results coming out then!?

😱

Yes 😉

6 minutes ago, HopelessMummy said:

An expected no for us. Good luck to the rest of you waiting

I’m so sorry, you must be disappointed. 

I hope your DC will not be discouraged.

Which grade? 

We have had a very unexpected yes for DD! This may now sound like a really stupid question but does anyone know the timings for the JA year 6 classes in Birmingham? We’ve been offered the Birmingham programme and I can’t seem to find details of times etc xxx

• Like 5

8 minutes ago, Bellaballerina's mum said:

We have had a very unexpected yes for DD! This may now sound like a really stupid question but does anyone know the timings for the JA year 6 classes in Birmingham? We’ve been offered the Birmingham programme and I can’t seem to find details of times etc xxx

My dd is already a JA in Birmingham and will be going into Y6 in September. They haven’t told us the times yet but I think it may depend on how many sessions you are allocated (there are two classes). Well

done to your dd!

15 minutes ago, Bellaballerina's mum said:

Well done to your DD 😊! My DD has a yes for Totnes and we received our e mail today with the handbook, details about uniform, session times, dates etc, so you shouldn’t have to wait long to find out info!! 

• Like 1

A more or less expected no for us, girl in London year 4.

Did anyone ever get a yes after years of no’s? Or should we not bother next year? Feels as if we should have gotten a wait list offer in order to feel optimistic about trying again...

2 minutes ago, Medora said:

A more or less expected no for us, girl in London year 4.

Did anyone ever get a yes after years of no’s? Or should we not bother next year? Feels as if we should have gotten a wait list offer in order to feel optimistic about trying again...

My thoughts exactly, I wish it were at least a SWL. Oh well. 

I’m a bit crushed now, but will feel

better soon. Probably after I find a new hobby to replace email reloading. 

1 hour ago, ExpatB said:

I’m so sorry, you must be disappointed. 

I hope your DC will not be discouraged.

Which grade? 

She's currently year 4, so for a year 5 place. She auditioned last year and it was a no. She is a little disappointed even though we totally expected a no. She had a lovely time and loved the audition but it's the end of the road for us with the ja's

Btw, huge congratulations for those who are in. Commiserations for those with a no and fingers crossed for those on the waiting list. 😘

1 hour ago, Bellaballerina's mum said:

Is thsi for 24 or 32 sessions ? x

OMG, my daughter got in! Can’t believe it! Can’t wait to tell her when I get home! Sorry for those who didn’t get the answer they wanted. I didn’t get into JAs or White Lodge, but still danced professionally for a bit. A lot can change as they grow up. 

• Like 6

1 hour ago, ExpatB said:

I got a “no” for my year 4 DD who auditioned on Friday at 3 PM. 

Awww just remember it actually is a not yet rather than a no!!