RBS Junior Associates 2018

Sugarplummum

3 hours ago, LL82 said:

Hi, I’m new to this forum. My daughter had a yes for Totnes. She is 9 and joining the yr 5 class in September I presume! Lx

My daughter and her friend also both have yeses for Totnes yr 5 in September. Congratulations to your DD - exciting times 😊. X

• Replies 488
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

On 13/06/2018 at 17:16, Dreamingwithherfeet said:

It was a NO for us. But not too much disappointment,as she has a  place with Ballet Boost Associates and Summer School with Ballet Boost, which she is very excited about. Big congratulations to all the Yes and a big hug to all the No, xx

Sorry to hear your daughter had a not yet. My DD also does Ballet Boost and loves it, although we have to figure out the logistics of carrying on with that and RBS. DD is also attending the Ballet Boost summer school. X

So I had a little look at last year’s JA thread and it looks like the last results before London were sent out on the 17th and none were sent on the 18th and 19th June (2-DAY GAP!! - the torture!). Then boys and year 6s received theirs on the 20th followed by the rest (year 5 and 4) on the 21st. I’m thinking none were sent out yesterday and I’m guessing none today - although happy to be proven wrong - which means a whole weekend of obsessing for a few (a lot?) of us and boys/year 6 Monday, followed by the rest on Tuesday. It’s almost like we can definitely start a World Cup-style sweepstakes on who can guess when London results are out, which I think a previous poster has also already mentioned 😆

1 hour ago, balletmadmama said:

So I had a little look at last year’s JA thread and it looks like the last results before London were sent out on the 17th and none were sent on the 18th and 19th June (2-DAY GAP!! - the torture!). Then boys and year 6s received theirs on the 20th followed by the rest (year 5 and 4) on the 21st. I’m thinking none were sent out yesterday and I’m guessing none today - although happy to be proven wrong - which means a whole weekend of obsessing for a few (a lot?) of us and boys/year 6 Monday, followed by the rest on Tuesday. It’s almost like we can definitely start a World Cup-style sweepstakes on who can guess when London results are out, which I think a previous poster has also already mentioned 😆

Some Birmingham results were still filtering out yesterday. 

Also, we don’t know whether on those days no one posted here last year results were coming out for people not on this forum.

There’s a lot of unknown here. 

22 minutes ago, ExpatB said:

Some Birmingham results were still filtering out yesterday. 

Also, we don’t know whether on those days no one posted here last year results were coming out for people not on this forum.

There’s a lot of unknown here. 

There was definitely a wait last year of no results! Waiting over the weeken! And then boys came out first and my DD was applying for year 4 place and had to wait another day after the boys! I didn’t get my email until 5pm! 

Def a wait for London. My DD was applying for a Year 4 place and was in the very last audition and we got it at 4.30pm on 21st June!!!!! I remember being on tebterhooks for days, especially since we were applying for Leeds centre who got their results days before! Good luck!

28 minutes ago, Flora11 said:

We are waiting for a boy’s result too. Think London will definitely be next week though. We got our ‘no’ on June 20th last year. 

Hi flora11 good to see more boys on this forum, which year group did your DS audition? Mine is year 4 x

23 minutes ago, ExpatB said:

I’d rather not expect it now at all than expect it and have my heart jump at yet another email beep that’s GAP offers or Tesco deals of the week. I’m fed up. 

Possibly a silly question, but is the email likely to come into our inbox or junk? I guess it may depend on your settings? 

1 minute ago, PetitJeté said:

Possibly a silly question, but is the email likely to come into our inbox or junk? I guess it may depend on your settings? 

I've checked junk once a day, just in case, but I would imagine it would come where the audition email came. I got it into my inbox, so I expect it will be in my inbox. Unfortunately it looks like only next week, though. I have to try and not think about it over the weekend.

2 minutes ago, PetitJeté said:

Not silly at all!

So far all the correspondence they’ve sent (confirmation for signing up, confirmation of application) came straight through to my regular e-mail inbox. 

1 minute ago, Tiredtoes said:

Does anyone know how many children are in each London class? I believe there is a mixed year 4/5 and a separate year 6, right? 

My son is currently in Year 4 and in a Year 4/5 mixed class. He is moving to a Year 5/6 boys class in September. Not sure of the other classes. 

16 minutes ago, Tiredtoes said:

Does anyone know how many children are in each London class? I believe there is a mixed year 4/5 and a separate year 6, right? 

On the video you can find online, of two RB people answering questions about the associate programme, I believe they said approx 16 children per class. 

When my older DD did London JAs there were six classes; one mixed 4/5, one girls 4/5, one boys 4/5, one mixed 6, one girls 6 and one boys 6. There were 16 children in each. I’m not sure if that’s still the same but hope that helps..... think it’ll be results next week for sure now! 

That’s right Myballetboy, certainly at Birmingham in regards to spaces in year 6. There are 2 year 6 classes so there are generally a good number of spaces available for new JAs going into year 6 as only the year 5s from the 2 joint 4/5 classes move up, so about half of each class is new students in year 6.  So fingers crossed Tiredtoes xxx 

Edited by Balletmum55
Grammar

I haven't been (to the summer fair) for a couple of years now but before that had been every year since my son first went to JAs (and he's nearly 25 now). Such a lovely day out and my memorable moments include: watching him and his friends doing the sword dance (with metal swords) during a thunderstorm, seeing my daughter dance there as a JA on the same day as watching him perform as a year 8, helping on the door to the theatre (on a rare rainy day) and stopping one of the mums from taking her dogs in much to her indignation, and winning a raffle prize of an oil painting of Lauren Cutherbertson's pointe shoes and my daughter having her photo taken with Lauren. Even after my son was assessed out I went most years to catch up with friends. He's been with me a couple of times and was always greeted enthusiastically by the staff. Sadly, most have changed now so it doesn't have quite the same draw for me. It's still a very magical place though.

• Like 1

My money’s on results for year 6 and boys out today (first 2 days of London auditions anyway) and tomorrow years 4 and 5 (last 2 days).  I might be wrong and they’ve actually spent Thursday and Friday last week getting all 4 days of results ready to be emailed today 

😂