RBS Junior Associates 2018

Sugarplummum

• Replies 488
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

15 minutes ago, Flora11 said:

Morning all! So nice to know it’s not just me frantically pressing refresh every few minutes! My money is on Tuesday for boys’ results and Wednesday for girls but I’d be happily proved wrong! 

Am keeping everything crossed for boys results today - good luck! X

24 minutes ago, Meglorien said:

We auditioned on Wednesday (for a Y5 place), is that the second day or the 3rd? Because I know people auditioned on Friday as well.

I think Wednesday was the second day. Wasn’t Monday a bank holiday? And I think they auditioned Tuesday to Friday.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Meglorien said:

We auditioned on Wednesday (for a Y5 place), is that the second day or the 3rd? Because I know people auditioned on Friday as well.

Yes Wednesday was 2nd day in London - on tenderhooks today! 

2 hours ago, Bbc14t said:

Nothing yet 😫

:( It's looking like no results today, isn't it? I mean, we're expecting a no, but it's still rather nerve wrecking, especially because we have an extremely good offer on the table for a different associates programme and I can't really postpone answering them any longer.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Meglorien said:

:( It's looking like no results today, isn't it? I mean, we're expecting a no, but it's still rather nerve wrecking, especially because we have an extremely good offer on the table for a different associates programme and I can't really postpone answering them any longer.

Still holding out for an email today lots of people mentioned last minute 5.30pm emails coming out last year. The wait is agonising x

10 minutes ago, Bbc14t said:

Please let it not be 20th / 21st I really can’t wait 2 more days argggh!

I think pattern same as last year! Here was nothing Friday and then nothing Monday boys came out Tuesday (possibly year 6) and my DD email came on the Wednesday for year 4 place and she auditioned last day. My email came around 5pm but they had started earlier in the day cos someone I knew got theirs at 2pm and I was still waiting

10 minutes ago, DanceMum83 said:

I think pattern same as last year! Here was nothing Friday and then nothing Monday boys came out Tuesday (possibly year 6) and my DD email came on the Wednesday for year 4 place and she auditioned last day. My email came around 5pm but they had started earlier in the day cos someone I knew got theirs at 2pm and I was still waiting

I didn't notice the pattern last year. We auditioned second day this year, but last day last year, for a Y4 place and, like you, we got the email at 4:15 on 21st. So we may have to wait for Wednesday again.

Edited by Meglorien
Date wrong

31 minutes ago, Bbc14t said:

Please let it not be 20th / 21st I really can’t wait 2 more days argggh!

Seriously. Watch the football tonight 7pm. England are playing. That ought to take your mind off it. There's no point stressing. Nice weather too. Have a glass of wine. Ah. Have a bottle. Why not?

2 minutes ago, HopelessMummy said:

Seriously. Watch the football tonight 7pm. England are playing. That ought to take your mind off it. There's no point stressing. Nice weather too. Have a glass of wine. Ah. Have a bottle. Why not?

Bottle sounds good 🍷 - till tomorrow ladies x

57 minutes ago, PetitJeté said:

No, we were 1.30. What did she say?

My daughter is very small (120 cm) and thin, the smallest child in her year group at school (90 kids) by far. 

She said that pretty much everyone in that group was smaller / shorter than her, some looked like 5-6 year olds.

I just can’t wrap my head about this and I think she might be an unreliable witness. 

They must be 8 by September and can’t be any younger.

I think that was the youngest audition group....I know they run them in age order. So possibly girls in there who won’t be 8 until just before end August but I don’t think they would have anyone younger in. Did you not see them going in to the audition yourself? If your daughter is also one of the youngest in her year that might be why she’s smallest at school but not necessarily smallest among a whole bunch of other late summer birthday children?

11 minutes ago, Hazel said:

I think that was the youngest audition group....I know they run them in age order. So possibly girls in there who won’t be 8 until just before end August but I don’t think they would have anyone younger in. Did you not see them going in to the audition yourself? If your daughter is also one of the youngest in her year that might be why she’s smallest at school but not necessarily smallest among a whole bunch of other late summer birthday children?

Possibly. Anything’s possible at this point.

I shouldn’t even think about this kind of stuff, but the wait is doing a number on my mind. 

(No, the football game didn’t help either. 😭)

5 hours ago, ExpatB said:

Possibly. Anything’s possible at this point.

I shouldn’t even think about this kind of stuff, but the wait is doing a number on my mind. 

(No, the football game didn’t help either. 😭)

I totally know what you mean. My DD was in the Thursday auditions and is not necessarily that tall (I would say on the taller size of average). If it’s true it’s in age order she was pretty much one of the bigger numbers of the group, and I think the bigger the number the younger, she looked like an absolute giant compared to the others. And bearing in mind this was Thursday, I saw girls who looked like they were 5-6 too - in fact, a lot did! Good news for the smaller girls is that I know a few girls who got places from auditions different centres (but at least 2 for London places  😫) and most of them looked absolutely minuscule. They look about 1-2 years younger than my own DD. Speaking of which I have been quite calm so far but getting a bit worried because I have heard of DCs getting London places from other audition venues and i keep thinking there’s already very few spaces in London. I know it’s a bigger centre but lots more audition there too 😓 I am seriously overthinking this but I’ve spoken to other mums who are getting equally worried. See? This is what waiting does to the mind! I’m sure RBS has some magic formula to allocate places by centre etc. but can’t help but be a bit worried - not that I am confident my DD would get a place (quite the opposite, but she’s still a little star in eyes).

PS: part of me is also very curious and which is why I want this wait to end already. My DD told me the panel did a lot of looking at the DCs at the beginning of the class. And I’ve always heard rumours of what they look for. My DD, much as I think she’s a lovely little dancer, would rate distinctly average on all the physical attributes that have been said RBS looks for - she’s not too tall but not too short, slim but not tiny, no swaybacks, no banana feet, so-so flexibility, long but not THAT long legs etc.  The tiny DDs I saw during audition day were little but quite long legged proportionally.  On paper and in theory, after the physical inspection, physically my DD should have slowly melted into the background after that first hurdle. She does have strong points in other aspects of ballet so I would say she might have a teeny tiny glimmer of a chance. 

Edited by balletmadmama

31 minutes ago, balletmadmama said:

PS: part of me is also very curious and which is why I want this wait to end already. My DD told me the panel did a lot of looking at the DCs at the beginning of the class. And I’ve always heard rumours of what they look for. My DD, much as I think she’s a lovely little dancer, would rate distinctly average on all the physical attributes that have been said RBS looks for - she’s not too tall but not too short, slim but not tiny, no swaybacks, no banana feet, so-so flexibility, long but not THAT long legs etc.  The tiny DDs I saw during audition day were little but quite long legged proportionally.  On paper and in theory, after the physical inspection, physically my DD should have slowly melted into the background after that first hurdle. She does have strong points in other aspects of ballet so I would say she might have a teeny tiny glimmer of a chance. 

I just saw the Associates dancing at the fair on Saturday, I took a good look and trust me, there were all kids of bodies there. 

I think the only thing they had in common was that none of them had any extra weight on them. 

• Like 1