Bolshoi Ballet London Tour Summer 2019

I think they must be tweaking it as I’ve just looked and it’s now slightly different to what I described above... Looks like they’ve shifted the bands.

I was signed in when I looked earlier – I just signed in again and first night of Spartacus shows £15-£27 lower band as opposed to £12-£21 for other performances. When I sign out they’re all £12-21. 🤷‍♀️ 

• Replies 172
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not sure about this, so don't jump on me if I'm wrong, but it looks as i f "they" have slightly changed the boundaries between the price categories. The example I noticed was the front amphi centre (at £95 enough to induce swooning)which now seems to go further round to the sides than it does in the current Royal Ballet season so that it costs £95 for a seat in row E about half-way round the side block. I know that prices increase, but the rate of increase recently seems awful. I now feel like turning into the kind of person I always swore never to become - "the one referring to the good old days" - the first time I sat in the amphi my seat in the centre block of row D cost 12/6 !!

• Like 8

£95 for the front amphi for ballet? Ouch! I haven't even been going to the ROH for that long, only 15 years, and even I can remember when the front amphi was "only" £50-ish for opera. As @Sim has said upthread, I'll certainly be saving my money for the Royal Opera & Ballet instead.

• Like 1

I noticed the other day that the pricing was unavailable on the website: it’s back up now, consistent between productions and making better sense - at least as far as my limited sampling indicates - so I imagine they were making corrections.

I can’t see that it’s really any cheaper, though, so don’t get your hopes up :)