Today at the press conference Nikolaj Hubbe announced the plans for the coming season 2018-19. Here it's possibly to see all the items: 2018-19 season

I believe, it' s just in Danish right now, but the titles of the performances don't need translation. Personally I'm quite content with the coming season and plan to visit Copenhagen as often as my finances and work schedule will permit it.

Edited by alison
Tidy up link
  • Like 3

Summary of the main events and some comments

Giselle - the recent production I assume - but only 3 performances - one at the end of August, weeks before anything else, and 2 more in November

Carmen - by Marcus Morau - anyone seen any of his work? opens 28/9

Dans2Go - cheap tickets, aimed at young/new audience, happens every year - this season it's Symphony of Psalms (Kylian ), Harald Lander's Dvorak pd2, and a new piece by company choreographer Oliver Starpov, called My Daddy LOves Sugar so Much he Eats it with his Nose

Napoli - some B0urnonville at last - opens 3/11 with repeats at intervals till March

Alice (Wheeldon) - first seen here a couple of years ago, this year's Christmas show

Cinderella - new version by Gregory Dean, with designs by Jon Morell who just did Queen of Spades for the company Big challenge for Dean! Opens 9/3/19

Afterite (McGregor)/ Etudes (Lander) - interesting combination...

Kameliadamen (Neumeier) - hugely popular in Copenhagen

Also  a Hubbe evening, several pieces for Corpus, and Thomas Lund's piece for children, Kom Bamse

The company list in the online brochure doesn't include either Susanne Grinder or Sebastian Haynes, and lists Lendorf as a guest principal.

• Like 2

41 minutes ago, Jane S said:

The company list in the online brochure doesn't include either Susanne Grinder or Sebastian Haynes, and lists Lendorf as a guest principal.

But I notice Ulrik Birkkjaer is back listed as "solodanser". Does that mean he is leaving San Francisco (just saw him there on the weekend in their Unbound program).

• Like 1

On 01/05/2018 at 15:09, Jane S said:

I'm really sorry (for the company's sake) that Sebastian Haynes has decided to stay with NDT - he was a huge asset.

I'm sorry too ... but glad that he's with NDT - a good company.  I'm off to catch them in September for Ratmansky's Plato's Symposium (as I can't imagine we'll be seeing it in London any time soon).  It's on a bill with Robbins (West Side Story Suite) and McGregor (Chroma).  Hopefully I'll be able to catch him then.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Bruce Wall said:

I'm sorry too ... but glad that he's with NDT - a good company.  I'm off to catch them in September for Ratmansky's Plato's Symposium (as I can't imagine we'll be seeing it in London any time soon).  It's on a bill with Robbins (West Side Story Suite) and McGregor (Chroma).  Hopefully I'll be able to catch him then.

that program is Dutch National Ballet. Sebastian Haynes is with Nederlands Dans Theater.

Thanks, Katherine.  Ever reliable for your corrections of my postings ... and hugely appreciated.  Don't you worry, Katherine.... I may be old ... but I'll get there.  Wish I could see more of National Ballet of Canada ... only it is so far to go ... and one has so little time.  I so envy you your travels ... Do keep us informed.  

One positive thing from this announcement on the UK front is that we're much more like to see Mr. Haynes (who was so glorious in that wonderful Bournonville celebration at the Peacock a few years ago) with NDT at Sadler's Wells as they have a not infrequent stay there given that they are a contemporary company and so many of their choreographers are much cherished by the Wells' dedicated audience.  

Edited by Bruce Wall
  • Like 1