Natalia Osipova -- her own projects

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, Lizbie1 said:

I haven't seen any since Rambert danced Dark Elegies in 2005 - what has there been since then?

American Ballet Theatre brought "Lilac Garden" to Sadlers Wells a few years ago (cannot remember the exact date but less than ten years ago).  Reverently danced although perhaps lacking the underlying tension.  I had the huge pleasure and privilege of watching Tudor himself rehearse Leslie Browne in this piece in New York in 1980/81 (again I cannot remember the exact year) - my most treasured ballet experience!

• Like 5

5 minutes ago, Irmgard said:

American Ballet Theatre brought "Lilac Garden" to Sadlers Wells a few years ago (cannot remember the exact date but less than ten years ago).  Reverently danced although perhaps lacking the underlying tension.  I had the huge pleasure and privilege of watching Tudor himself rehearse Leslie Browne in this piece in New York in 1980/81 (again I cannot remember the exact year) - my most treasured ballet experience!

It was 2011.  Here is a review.  

I think that the ABT performance at Sadlers Wells is the only time I have seen Tudor performed here (sadly I missed the RBS one).  

Why are his works so 'ballets non grata' in this country?  Have they still not forgiven him for having gone to the States?!!

55 minutes ago, Sim said:

I think that the ABT performance at Sadlers Wells is the only time I have seen Tudor performed here (sadly I missed the RBS one).  

Why are his works so 'ballets non grata' in this country?  Have they still not forgiven him for having gone to the States?!!

I guess in part it's because his earlier works have effectively been orphaned by Rambert's move away from that sort of repertoire?

The Royal Ballet companies already have more in their back catalogues than they can handle, it seems.  Maybe ENB will one day consider staging something of his.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Lizbie1 said:

I'll be doing Osipova & Co for the Saturday matinee and Trocks in the evening - suits me perfectly!

That's OK if you live down south/London, I don't so  I'd have to stay overnight and I've already got my Trocks tickets.  

• 4 months later...

Here is a NYC blurb about the Osipova programme .... Not sure if this has more information than before .... but still .... Nice to see Jonathan Goddard added to the mix :) 

The Russian star reunites with special guest ABT principal David Hallberg, with whom she has shared a fabled stage partnership. The pair exhibits their sublime chemistry in a piece created for them by Alexei Ratmansky, one of today's preeminent choreographers, and in the duet from The Leaves Are Fading by Antony Tudor. In Six Years Later, choreographed by Israeli Roy Assaf, noted for his earthy, sensuous movement, Osipova is joined by renowned contemporary dancer Jason Kittelberger (Cedar Lake, Sidi Larbi Cherkaoui's Eastman). She also pairs with Jonathan Goddard (Richard Alston, Scottish Dance Theatre) in a commissioned premiere by Spain’s Iván Pérez, who creates expressionistic dances full of experimentation.

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

The new production of "La Bayadere" by the Perm Ballet is based on the canonical version of Vladimir Ponomarev and Vakhtang Chabukiani, who reconstructed Petipa’s original choreography in 1941. The Chief Choreographer of the company, Alexei Miroshnichenko, also included the dances choreographed by Konstantin Sergeev and Nikolai Zubkovsky. He thinks that their version is the closest to the concept and aesthetics of Petipa's late romanticism (1900).
https://tass.ru/novosti-partnerov/5877398

• Like 5

3 hours ago, Amelia said:

-The new production of "La Bayadere" by the Perm Ballet is based on the canonical version of Vladimir Ponomarev and Vakhtang Chabukiani, who reconstructed Petipa’s original choreography in 1941. The Chief Choreographer of the company, Alexei Miroshnichenko, also included the dances choreographed by Konstantin Sergeev and Nikolai Zubkovsky. He thinks that their version is the closest to the concept and aesthetics of Petipa's late romanticism (1900).
https://tass.ru/novosti-partnerov/5877398

Osipova, Alexandrovna and Lantratov and a new production. That would be a performance to treasure.

It would be interesting to know how this version compares with that of Ratmansky  in Berlin. Apart from the sets and costumes that is, which in this case seem to be  re-creations of the originals.  The running time is given as 3 hours 45 minutes

Edited by stucha
spelling

2 hours ago, stucha said:

Osipova, Alexandrovna and Lantratov and a new production. That would be a performance to treasure.

It would be interesting to know how this version compares with that of Ratmansky  in Berlin. Apart from the sets and costumes that is, which in this case seem to be  re-creations of the originals.  The running time is given as 3 hours 45 minutes

Given the description, I think it will be quite different from the Ratmansky! 

I wish I could see it in any case, but I am committed elsewhere.,.

Miroshnichenko said in an interview:
"The whole company will appear on stage in this production. There is classical dancing there as well as character dances and demi-character roles. So every artist in this production can show himself in the best possible way. Students from the Perm Ballet School also take part. And for the first time, probably in the history of this ballet, 50 Indian students from the Perm Medical Academy will appear as extras."

On ‎14‎/‎12‎/‎2018 at 13:44, now voyager said:

Given the description, I think it will be quite different from the Ratmansky! 

I wish I could see it in any case, but I am committed elsewhere.,.

Yes those 50 Indian medical students as extras would be a sight to behold. 😉

Edited by stucha
Add text
  • Like 2