YDA y11 leavers destinations

amos73

It's around this time of year that leaver's destinations for y11 students come out. YDA have had another year of fantastic results.

Of those who auditioned for classical schools many had multiple offers, with 5 being offered places at ENBS, all who went to Elmhurst finals were offered places at Upper school there, and the same with Central. One student is off to Rambert, while the students who auditioned for musical theatre upper schools have been offered funded places at Laines and Arts ed.

For such a small school that does not get any government funding these are really fantastic results.

• Like 20

For a small school their results are very good, but I’m afraid that it was in fact two students offered ENBS from WLSD, (one joined in September), one girl who joined YDA this year and two boys.

They have done very well however placing all their students in great schools again.

Edited by atacrossroads
Correction

I do know that no one joined Yda y11 this year,  all have been there for at least two years. And wlsd students train with the YDA students in the evenings with vocational teachers from Yda, so are Yda trained. As you say these are very good results for a very small school. 

Yes, YDA train with WLSD in the evenings (rather than the other way around). One of the girls from WLSD who’s been offered ENBS has just been doing one Saturday class a week since the end of last year, the other is not exclusively trained by WLSD.  The two boys have been there a few years though but the girl for one year.

i think it’s important to paint an unbiased account when it comes to Year 11 results as prospective parents rely on these to make important decisions about school choices.

this is not to take away from YDA’s success though.

• Like 3

Atacrossroads - I think we should be careful not to identify individual students without their permission, but your information is a few weeks out of date. Five full-time YDA students have been offered places at ENBS (including 3 who have been there since Year 7) and two WLSD students too. Well done to all of them! And the others, vocational and non-vocational, who have gained places at all the leading schools. 

Edited by Marianne
  • Like 7

7 hours ago, Marianne said:

Atacrossroads - I think we should be careful not to identify individual students without their permission, but your information is a few weeks out of date. Five full-time YDA students have been offered places at ENBS (including 3 who have been there since Year 7) and two WLSD students too. Well done to all of them! And the others, vocational and non-vocational, who have gained places at all the leading schools. 

Thank you, my Dd is one of the lucky ones who has been offered a place at one of the top schools this year.

When it’s your time to be in Year 11 and know how it feels to go through the US process, how distressing it is for parents and students to have No’s or WL with their futures and everything they’ve worked for hanging in the balance, you’ll realise how insensitive it is to post about other’s success unnecessarily in order to inflate the profile of a school.

I can’t correct what you’ve posted without identify people, but what you and Amos73 are stating is wholly incorrect I’m afraid.  

• Like 2

Thank you all for being mindful of forum rules and avoiding identifying students. 

I think we can all agree that YDA has a very good success rate for Year 12 destinations.  As a school it isn't within everyone's reach financially, which is a shame.  

Congratulations to all who have been offered good schools for September.  :)

• Like 6

My DD is ex YDA and I've been following YDA grad destinations over the last five or six years. The standard of teaching is good and especially in Year 11, where it is really impressive. Most of the students get a UK classical school if they want one but whether it is the classical school the student most wants, is another matter, particularly for the girls. There is good support applying for the UK schools but if the student doesn't get what they want or if they particularly want to apply overseas, or if the new school proves a disaster for the student when they arrive, the student and parents are on their own to sort it all out. That's probably not unusual and not meant as a criticism of YDA- just pointing out what we have observed over the years.

• Like 1

It would be really interesting to see where they end up getting work after graduating from the various upper schools - that would require someone dedicated doing some research - but useful for prospective parents.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...