Summer Intensive in the USA Doctors letter

Justkeepsmiling

Hi my dd is due to attend a Summer Intensive in the USA this summer. We need a Dr’s letter to say she is healthy to participate. Our GP is a bit reluctant to do this for fear of litigation but said that he would provide a letter with medical history attached to put the onus back on the school for them to decide if she was fit. I’m worried that this will not be acceptable as we have spent a lot of money already on travel, accommodation etc., not to mention the intensive itself. Just wondered if anyone else has encountered this problem and if there is any way around this.

In theory, this shouldn’t be any different to the usual letter that vocational schools require for full time school. 

Does it ask if your dd has any health conditions which would mean that dancing to that intensity would be inadvisable?

If so, a letter that states... dd has no condition which the gp feels would hinder her ability to participate fully, would suffice, I would imagine?

Is your dd at vocational school now? If so, I would say that the US school is asking if you can do the same thing, there. 

Yes we did this many times for SIS abroad. As Angel.says they are not asking the GP to guarantee the person wont ever get an injury just that they have no current or past medical history that would preclude them taking part. If you want I can see if I can dig out a letter and tell you the exact wording...

1 hour ago, FlexyNexy said:

We are traveling to NY this summer for intensive and have standard GP letter plus I've emailed them medical check which was done for upper school entry. US school was happy with it.

Thank you. I will wait and see how he words the letter and take it from there. Might be worth phoning them to explain.

20 hours ago, Ballet12345 said:

Thank you. I will wait and see how he words the letter and take it from there. Might be worth phoning them to explain.

If you pm me your email, i can copy you our wording what our GP used. It was acceptable to all schools and summer intensives. x