Royal Ballet Casting for Autumn Season 2018/19

17 minutes ago, Saodan said:

Thinking of Bonelli, he is currently away on his Clore Leadership Fellowship, returing for Frankenstein in the spring. Presumably this means that he wont be available to dance in Nutcracker at all, be that with Naghdi or the two performances he was scheduled to dance with Morera. More cast changes we are waiting for...

Here was me checking the ROH Nutcracker casting on their website earlier this evening after reading this thread & going "Oh good, the performance I've booked for hasn't acquired any TBCs". However as Bonelli is one of the cast members it's suddenly not looking so good.

• Like 1

• Replies 434
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow, there will be quite a lot of cast changes around Christmastime! Didn´t really realize this before since I only booked for the matinee on new years day only because of the time not because of any cast. If Jackson also cancels his performances I can imagine that maybe we will some some debut from a first solosit/soloist, especially with one pairing (Hayward/McRae) completely missing. Curious to see how this will work out.

• Like 1

Just had this 

Cast change for The Royal Ballet's The Nutcracker

12 December 2018 at 7.30pm and 15 December 2018 at 7pm

Our records show that you are due to attend a performance of The Nutcracker. We are contacting you to let you know that due to injury, Kevin Jackson, who was due to perform as a guest artist with The Royal Ballet, will be replaced by Ryoichi Hirano as the Sugar Plum Prince. 

• Like 1

I was very much looking forward to seeing (Prince) Kevin Jackson partner (Sugar Plum) Yasmine Naghdi, such a shame he got injured. Jackson must be devastated as this would have been his first appearance on the Covent Garden stage, I think.

I assume, as Naghdi is called upon to take over Hayward's shows, she'll also take over in Winter Dream (?); this will add quite a few shows to her scheduled shows.

2 hours ago, Saodan said:

Just to be clear, the replacements for Hayward and McRae are being shown as: Naghdi and Hirano on 7th Dec, Kaneko and Bracewell on 21st Dec. 

That does me nicely (though sad not to see Francesca), as always like to see Yasmine, and none of Fumi's other dates were possible for me, and she was one I was hoping to catch this run 🙂

• Like 2

Casting for Symphony in C has changed. 

22nd Nov, previously listed as TBC, is now the Osipova cast. 

23rd Nov, previously listed as the Osipova cast, is now the Cuthbertson cast. 

This means that each cast now has three performances. Cuthbertson on 20th, 23rd, and 28th. Osipova on 22nd, 26th, and 29th. 

Is this the change you were expecting to see Capybara?

• Like 4

8 hours ago, Saodan said:

Casting for Symphony in C has changed. 

22nd Nov, previously listed as TBC, is now the Osipova cast. 

23rd Nov, previously listed as the Osipova cast, is now the Cuthbertson cast. 

This means that each cast now has three performances. Cuthbertson on 20th, 23rd, and 28th. Osipova on 22nd, 26th, and 29th. 

Is this the change you were expecting to see Capybara?

Thank you, Saodan.

Yes, it is the instance where dancers were saying something different to the website and the fact that the list was wrong/incomplete has actually  caused some inconvenience in our household.

I'm afraid that, yesterday,  I sent a somewhat assertive e-mail to the people i/c the ROH's social media and maybe, just maybe, this prompted them to sort it out.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, ninamargaret said:

Given up trying to follow who is dancing when! I'm only going on 20 November so will most likely see Naghdi/Ball in Unknown Soldier; then see what happens for the rest of the programme. At this rate they'll be recruiting members of this forum to help out! 

I'm doing exactly the same, Ninamargaret.  It's the 20th and that's it.  

7 hours ago, capybara said:

Yes, it is the instance where dancers were saying something different to the website and the fact that the list was wrong/incomplete has actually  caused some inconvenience in our household.

I'm afraid that, yesterday,  I sent a somewhat assertive e-mail to the people i/c the ROH's social media and maybe, just maybe, this prompted them to sort it out.

If it did, I thank you!  Because I found out in time, I was able to pick up a ticket and rearrange my travel so that now I will be able to see both casts for Bizet.

7 hours ago, capybara said:

On 16/11/2018 at 23:53, annamk said:

Just had this 

Cast change for The Royal Ballet's The Nutcracker

12 December 2018 at 7.30pm and 15 December 2018 at 7pm

Our records show that you are due to attend a performance of The Nutcracker. We are contacting you to let you know that due to injury, Kevin Jackson, who was due to perform as a guest artist with The Royal Ballet, will be replaced by Ryoichi Hirano as the Sugar Plum Prince. 

Interesting. The RB can already tell people Kevin Jackson is out, his own company still telling the world he's dancing Spartacus on Wednesday and Saturday this coming week. RB wins in this case 😉

• Like 2

Has anyone who has booked for the Nutcracker on the 7th received an email informing them of the cast change? I know that it says Naghdi/Hirano on the website, but I don't fully trust this information as I have not yet received an email (and given the error with the Symphony in C cast...)

Just phoned box office re casting for Symphony in C as it seems to have disappeared from the website again. The assistant told me that Osipova wasn't dancing it and I asked her if she could confirm the cast - she checked the website and said that she couldn't and remarked that there have been problems but the staff are not told about them! I bought a (cheap) ticket anyway - I will just take a chance on it. Very bad impression of the organisation - seems shambolic.

Edited by Shade
Spelling
  • Like 3

2 hours ago, Shade said:

Just phoned box office re casting for Symphony in C as it seems to have disappeared from the website again. The assistant told me that Osipova wasn't dancing it

Do you mean for a particular performance, as previously announced, or do you mean Osipova has withdrawn from all performances Shade? The website is currently showing her dancing on three nights.

Edited by Geoff

As Penelope Simpson has pointed out the cast lists are now impossible to read in the light of the auditorium. Have emailed Customer Service about this. I gave up trying to see who was dancing what! Please can someone knock some sense into the heads of the people who are making such a mess of everything at the ROH?

• Like 2

10 hours ago, ninamargaret said:

As Penelope Simpson has pointed out the cast lists are now impossible to read in the light of the auditorium. Have emailed Customer Service about this. I gave up trying to see who was dancing what! Please can someone knock some sense into the heads of the people who are making such a mess of everything at the ROH?

I think that people who post on this forum are using various means to try bring about change and help the ROH to stop shooting itself in the foot.

• Like 3

On 20 November 2018 at 21:47, Geoff said:

Do you mean for a particular performance, as previously announced, or do you mean Osipova has withdrawn from all performances Shade? The website is currently showing her dancing on three nights.

Yes Geoff I asked what performances Osipova was in and the assistant said she wasn't in it. I think I have more trust in the information on here!

• Like 1