Royal Ballet in Rehearsal/Insight Evenings

Can someone tell me where we've got to with RB insights and in-rehearsals, please?  I made the Manon and Cassandra insights, and believe there's since been an Ashton one of some description, but is that as far as we've got yet?  Just trying to work out what might be covered in Thursday's rehearsal ...

• 3 years later...

The only threads I can find for these subjects relate to tickets wanted and for sale.

I was wondering whether anyone was at the rehearsal last night (4th April) and could let us know what was being rehearsed and who was dancing and coaching? Since the event was moved to the RBS, I expect that it will be up on the ROH website at a later date.

Thank you.

Last night was Lauren Cuthbertson and Matthew Ball being coaching by Alezander Agadzhanov in Marguerite & Armand (Rob Clark on the pianoforte).  It was terrific, he's a great coach and the dancers made a wonderful, instinctive couple who have made me now look forward to seeing M&A.  I'm afraid it wasn't filmed.

• Like 6

1 hour ago, alison said:

Yep!  I tagged this one "insights", clicked on the tag, and came straight up with the old thread.  I'll merge them for convenience.

It's really easy when you use tags ;)

.... but not when you use the search function and enter insights or rehearsals and that is inexplicable. Showing my ignorance here, but how does one use the tags if one can't find the page to start with?

The Insight rehearsal for Marguerite and Armand was such a special evening. Alexander Agadzhanov was an amazing, inspiring coach. I felt more appreciative of the beautiful choreography than I have ever been. I saw one of the earliest Fonteyn/ Nureyev performances and have been unrealistic about my appreciation of performances since then. Last night I really felt the passion and was amazed by howAgadzhanov managed to perfect every nuance of the relationship. Lauren Cuthbertson and Matthew Ball worked sensitively together displaying some impressive technique. I am so thrilled I have a space at a performance! I know this is my opinion and I would hate to offend anyone but for me last night was a special privilege! 

• Like 4

12 hours ago, capybara said:

.... but not when you use the search function and enter insights or rehearsals and that is inexplicable. Showing my ignorance here, but how does one use the tags if one can't find the page to start with?

You tag your own post, then click on the tag :)

9 hours ago, alison said:

You tag your own post, then click on the tag :)

Please would you be so kind as to point me in the direction of instructions as to how that works and how to achieve that? I know that I'm sounding stupid but I don't understand this at all.

• Like 1

When you start a new thread, there's a box underneath the title for tags, and you just follow the instructions: put in whatever tag names seem relevant, with a comma between each, and then click on Save, I think.  The software does the rest :)

There is a thread or two in the About the Forum section which I'll look out later, but I have half-a-dozen deadlines today, so don't have time now.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Jane S said:

If you click on the search box without entering any search term it takes you to the Advanced Search page where there's a 'search by tag' option at the top left hand corner - seems to work.

Well, we live and learn!  Not only is Jane a fount of knowledge about performances which were before my time (and seems to have the entire edition of Dance & Dancers on hard drive in her memory :) ), she's also found out things about the forum software which I didn't know!

• Like 2

42 minutes ago, Jane S said:

I think this one comes under the heading of 'useful things you can discover while you ought to be working at something else'!

Well, BCF is one of the best 'displacement activities' I know (says she guiltily).

• Like 3