Matthew Bourne's New Adventures are looking for 16-19yo for a major new project

Jan McNulty

On 10/06/2018 at 10:22, Anne ley said:

I did call and the lady I spoke to didn’t really have an answer she said she would get her colleague to contact my d . Haven’t heard anything yet obviously my d is very upset . Would of much less disappointing if had a no from the onset .

I’m sure they will get back to you - let us know what they say....

So far their communication with us has been very good - we even get regular follow up emails from the last event which was  years ago - so I’m sad to hear that your DD has been let down in this way - there must be a mistake somewhere along the line and I do hope it’s resolved quickly x

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, Billyelliott said:

Anyone else have to do an interview at their audition ?

D s said he can’t remeber what they asked him! “Just random questions !”

Hi. My DD was just asked about availability  for additional dates mentioned during the workshop. Whilst  it could be described as an interview my DD referred to the conversation as more of a chat and that it was very brief.  Relaxed.  Possibly why you DS says he can’t remember as it was after a very long day. Certainly no indication of how long they would have to wait for an outcome of the audition. Which was a shame. 

• Like 1

DS seemed to think it would be ages before we hear anything ....

I’m going to try and forget about it ...- I’ve plenty of other things to be kept busy with - Yr 11 prom, summer shows - music exams end of term activities and the like !

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Billyelliott said:

DS seemed to think it would be ages before we hear anything ....

I’m going to try and forget about it ...- I’ve plenty of other things to be kept busy with - Yr 11 prom, summer shows - music exams end of term activities and the like !

Good luck on that one. I think we will be doing the same. We are down to final 3 GCSE’s. Grade 8 tomorrow and Intermediate Saturday. Prom, Prize Giving .....  it’s never ending and that’s not incl my son. Yikes. 

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...
32 minutes ago, Billyelliott said:

Just had a phone call

DS has been offered a part!

one excited young man...

just hope we get the required permission for time off now!

That’s fantastic news.   What dates are the rehearsals/performances? 🙆🏻‍♂️😊

• Like 1

The first lot of rehearsals are in August this year which is not a problem and the performances are in September which is also not a problem however there is an intensive in July which is the week of rehearsals before the school summer shows!

DS Said he wouldn’t mind if you had to miss the summer shall altogether if it meant he could take up this opportunity ...

• Like 3

19 minutes ago, Billyelliott said:

The first lot of rehearsals are in August this year which is not a problem and the performances are in September which is also not a problem however there is an intensive in July which is the week of rehearsals before the school summer shows!

DS Said he wouldn’t mind if you had to miss the summer shall altogether if it meant he could take up this opportunity ...

I can totally understand your DS decision. Such an amazing opportunity. Congratultions again, you must be so very proud. xx

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Billyelliott said:

Just had a phone call

DS has been offered a part!

one excited young man...

just hope we get the required permission for time off now!

How exciting! You must be so proud of your ds. Many congratulations to him and I hope it works out for him. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Sandsfoot said:

It as a no for my daughter too. She was not surprised as she felt they didn’t really look at her on the day so perhaps just not right for this project. Looking forward to finding out what they are actually doing!

It was also a no for my daughter yesterday. Who wasn’t surprised as she had said on the day she was by far the youngest auditioning. Loved the day and embraced the experience and skills learnt especially as we were well outside of location and appreciated the opportunity to even reach the finals. Will keep an eye out for the production and maybe take the opportunity to buy some tickets at one of the many venues. 🙆‍♀️

Very pleased to report that the MB/NA company have been able to be flexible and are rearranging the July intensive dates in Birmingham so that they no longer conflict with Elmhurst’s summer show!

Huge relief for my DS - now it’s full steam ahead to book hotels and leave etc!

• Like 3

On 04/04/2018 at 14:22, Picturesinthefirelight said:

Grrrrr - If that is the case Bluebird then the LEA are quite utterly WRONG!!!!  What is it with them?  ARe they totally incompetent (don't answer that one, you know them as well as I do)

They don't need a licence after the last Friday in June of Year 11 (so some kids won't even be 16).  This is the legal definition of compulsory school age in Engladn & Wales (not Scotland) and the legislation clearly refers to compulsory school age.  However anyone who turns 16 in that year definately needs a performance licence up to that day.  The NIECC would be interested in this I bet.

You are absolutely right.  As one who has completed both exemption and full licences for children the info from your LEA is wrong.  X 

• 4 months later...
16 hours ago, Picturesinthefirelight said:

I notice that the casting for this has just been announced.  There are several young people that dd knows who are either current or past members of her school who have been cast including one who was in her year at lower school and one who is in her year now.  Huge congratulations to them.

I’ve tried very hard to copy the link to the casting announcement but with no luck!