Matthew Bourne's New Adventures are looking for 16-19yo for a major new project

Jan McNulty

29 minutes ago, Billyelliott said:

We have yet to hear if we even have an audition !!

i keep refreshing his email but realistically Iโ€™m not expecting news ย till Juneย 

Oops, sorry misread your reply. I shall keep my fingers crossed for you. ๐Ÿคž๐Ÿผ๐Ÿ˜Š

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

11 minutes ago, Lifeisgood said:

Does everyone that applies get an audition?ย 

ย 

Dd applied for Sadlerโ€™s, but as she doesnโ€™t have a term time address yet I only put down our home address and so they offered her an audition in Bradford. Several emails later (I donโ€™t think they believed that she was actually moving to London, just that she preferred that option!) they said that the London auditions were full, so it was Bradford or nothing. We declined.

23 hours ago, BlueLou said:

ย 

Dd applied for Sadlerโ€™s, but as she doesnโ€™t have a term time address yet I only put down our home address and so they offered her an audition in Bradford. Several emails later (I donโ€™t think they believed that she was actually moving to London, just that she preferred that option!) they said that the London auditions were full, so it was Bradford or nothing. We declined.

But have you heard of anyone notbbeing offered an audition? Have any taken place yet?ย 

2 hours ago, Lifeisgood said:

But have you heard of anyone notbbeing offered an audition? Have any taken place yet?ย 

Not heard of anyone not being offered an audition at all, but then I only know of 3 other applicants!ย 

DD at audition as we speak. 30 altogether.ย 22girls, 8 boys. Looking for 5 of each.ย 

ย 

Ps. Majority appear to be either 1st or 2nd yrย in pre-professional training. MT & classical.ย 

Edited by balletbean
  • Like 2

56 minutes ago, charlie4dancin said:

Good luck to your dd balletbeanย 

c4d

Thank you. Very much appreciated. She is by far the youngest one there. Challenging. But a wonderful opportunity to learn and grow both personally and as aย dancer. ย 

Good luck to everyone auditioning. Too late for yesterday but I remember listening to a talk from two Central students who were selected to dance on The Red Shoes tour and they advised really going for it in the audition, showing acting and performance ability and not holding anything back.ย 

18 hours ago, balletbean said:

DD at audition as we speak. 30 altogether.ย 22girls, 8 boys. Looking for 5 of each.ย 

ย 

Ps. Majority appear to be either 1st or 2nd yrย in pre-professional training. MT & classical.ย 

Good luck to your dd. Did they say how long you would have to wait to hear snd did the audition ย last all day? Is it mainly contemporary dancing, any ballet at all?ย 

Thsnksย 

42 minutes ago, Dancermum2003 said:

Dd at audition now. I would echo Balletbean and say that most of the auditionees are older (17-18). Itโ€™s a fabulous experience though.

Dancersmum2003 there's a picture of them on stage on Instagramย :) good luck ๐Ÿ€

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Dancermum2003 said:

Dd at audition now. I would echo Balletbean and say that most of the auditionees are older (17-18). Itโ€™s a fabulous experience though.

Hope all went well. Just curious to know if the information given out is consistent across the venues. ie waiting times etc. ๐Ÿ˜Š๐Ÿ™†โ€โ™€๏ธ

1 hour ago, Dancermum2003 said:

Dd was told it would be a while as they hadnโ€™t finished choreographing the pieces so didnโ€™t know the parts that they needed to cast! Wasnโ€™t told a boy/girl split either.

Same for my DD.ย Which is slightly reassuring. If that makes sense. The waiting/not knowing is hard thoughย ๐Ÿ˜‰.ย 

Dd is convinced she doesnโ€™t stand a chance so I think she relaxed and enjoyed it for the experience! She said everyone was so much older and better than her! She isnโ€™t upset though, especially as Matthew Bourne made an appearance towards the end of the day ๐Ÿ˜€

Edited by Dancermum2003

12 hours ago, Dancermum2003 said:

Dd is convinced she doesnโ€™t stand a chance so I think she relaxed and enjoyed it for the experience! She said everyone was so much older and better than her! She isnโ€™t upset though, especially as Matthew Bourne made an appearance towards the end of the day ๐Ÿ˜€

Same here. DD has resigned herself to not being successful but enjoyed the day and experience. ๐Ÿ™†โ€โ™€๏ธ๐Ÿ˜Š

8 minutes ago, Anne ley said:

Has anyoneโ€™s d been offered an audition then a couple of weeks later theyโ€™ve sent another email saying they havenโ€™t got one anymore??

Oh dear that doesnโ€™t sound right!

how distressing๐Ÿ˜ฌ

Anne ley, that doesnโ€™t sound right. They asked her to agree to a change in auditionย venue - she agreed - then they told her she doesnโ€™t have an audition after all? I would contact them to clarify, especially asย she agreed to their request to audition elsewhere. Perhaps that alternative audition venue is no longer feasible?ย 

But I would definitely ask them to confirm the position because to offer an audition and ask a candidate to attend a different venue surely shouldnโ€™t be followed by a withdrawal of the audition offer altogether? ย 

I did call and the lady I spoke to didnโ€™t really have an answer she said she would get her colleague to contact my d . Havenโ€™t heard anything yet obviously my d is very upset . Would of much less disappointing if had a no from the onset .

I don't have a dc but I would put your concerns about what has happened in writing and attaching any previous correspondence. ย I find it is always as well to keep a written record when anything like this happens in any sphere of life.