• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

On 20/01/2019 at 21:53, Amelia said:

Those who didn't go to cinema this afternoon, can watch Bolshoi's La Bayadere here now:

http://media.bolshoi.ru/play/#/vod/play/435

As of Tuesday evening it is displaying a login page requiring email and password.

A shame as my local cinema had a problem with the RB cinema relay, so I got to listen to the first act music whilst I ate and then went home. I'd notice this in the schedule, but ended up not being able to go, though I wasn't sure I wanted to as I'd heard some awkward things about possible racism. Also I didn't know how it would be presented, I find I quite like the introduction and interviews you get with a RB cinema relay and I'm not familiar with La Bayadere, the RB relay was supposed to be my first time seeing it.

• 2 weeks later...

Absolutely spitting fury here as our extremely inadequate local cinema will not be showing Matthew Bourne’s Swan Lake and I’ve wanted to see since 1995! How can they do this to our city? 😞

Edited by Fiz
Spelling

• 3 weeks later...

Unfortunately I got to my local cinema this evening only to find that the Don Quixote screening had been cancelled at the last minute due to ‘technical issues’. Gutted to be missing Akane Takada and Alexander Campbell but hope everyone else is able to enjoy. 

The staff didn’t seem sure, I’ll try to keep an eye out. I’d be happy watching a repeat. I’ve got written in my diary that the encore screenings are this Sunday but I’ve already booked for the Ashton Foundation event so that will have to take precedence, however enticing Akane and Alexander are. I’d hoped that I wouldn’t have to make a choice but these things happen. Fire alarm during the general rehearsal and now this!! 

I’ll very much look forward to hearing everyone else’s thoughts on the screening tonight though. 

Edited by Riva

Yes, you might be in luck.  Check both the "Encore" and "Recorded" settings on the ROH cinema search page.  I happen to know there's one Tuesday afternoon in Stratford, but beyond that I think most of the London repeats seem to be on Sunday :( 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Riva said:

Unfortunately I got to my local cinema this evening only to find that the Don Quixote screening had been cancelled at the last minute due to ‘technical issues’. Gutted to be missing Akane Takada and Alexander Campbell but hope everyone else is able to enjoy. 

Same here...what a shame, I was really looking forward to seeing them both ☹️ I can't make the encores so I can only hope for a DVD maybe!

So sorry to hear this - what a shame for those who missed it. It was such fun, and great to see all the detail in close-up. I do hope you can find encore screenings, Serenade and Riva. Picturehouse are doing one on Monday.

• Like 1

Not wanting to be a party-pooper either, but a couple of years ago I went to a live relay - and its Encore - and we had serious technical issues at both.  The management took everyone's contact details down, said they'd contact the ROH to see if some sort of repeat could be arranged - we never heard a thing :(  Hoping you both manage to get something sorted - *and* that it was the same cinema.  I'd hate to think of multiple failures.

• Like 1

I've received an email from the ROH today reminding me of the Encore showings for Don Quixote (largely this coming Sunday, although may vary according to venues).  It says, among others:

"Darcey Bussell is joined by broadcaster Ore Oduba to give audiences around the world a glimpse of what happens behind the scenes as they present the cinema relay."

Funny, it looked very much like Kristen McNally on Tuesday night!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, alison said:

I've received an email from the ROH today reminding me of the Encore showings for Don Quixote (largely this coming Sunday, although may vary according to venues).  It says, among others:

"Darcey Bussell is joined by broadcaster Ore Oduba to give audiences around the world a glimpse of what happens behind the scenes as they present the cinema relay."

Funny, it looked very much like Kristen McNally on Tuesday night!

Honestly - ??!! Do they just cut and paste the text from last time??

• Like 1

On ‎22‎/‎02‎/‎2019 at 08:09, Don Q Fan said:

Anyone able to see the Paris Swan Lake tonight? I couldn't get access.

It's still available on Culturebox

I don't know for how long.

However it may be geoblocked, in which case you will need a VPN to view it.

https://culturebox.francetvinfo.fr/danse/revivez-en-replay-sur-culturebox-le-lac-des-cygnes-presente-a-bastille-285894

Edited by stucha

5 hours ago, stucha said:

It's still available on Culturebox

I don't know for how long.

However it may be geoblocked, in which case you will need a VPN to view it.

https://culturebox.francetvinfo.fr/danse/revivez-en-replay-sur-culturebox-le-lac-des-cygnes-presente-a-bastille-285894

"Acces réseau indisponible".  Not sure whether that means there's a network problem, or whether it's geoblocked.  I'd have expected something a bit more explicit if it was the latter, but who knows?

• 2 weeks later...

Oops, nearly missed it!  Bolshoi Sleeping Beauty on tomorrow (or technically today), although it's a repeat from 2017.  I don't remember it - I only remember the broadcast with Hallberg, which must have been a couple of years previously, I guess.

4 hours ago, alison said:

Oops, nearly missed it!  Bolshoi Sleeping Beauty on tomorrow (or technically today), although it's a repeat from 2017.  I don't remember it - I only remember the broadcast with Hallberg, which must have been a couple of years previously, I guess.

That was Smirnova/Chudin in 2017 wasn't it, Alison?  

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
On ‎27‎/‎03‎/‎2019 at 05:53, Sophoife said:

Australian Ballet's Spartacus is in cinemas in the UK and Ireland on Wednesday 8 May...as usual, you guys get it before we do (it hasn't been announced here).

https://www.cinemalive.com/event/spartacus

:facepalm:  Got in this evening, looked in my diary, and pencilled in there was "Cine".  I'd obviously missed spotting it before :( 

• Like 1

Okay, reminder for the Royal Ballet on the 16th and the Bolshoi on the 19th (which will give various cinemas an excellent excuse for not doing an RB encore showing, I suppose).  It is a shame that their showings do frequently come so close together, though.