Vonrothbart

British training at Lower and Upper Schools

Why was my post removed it was a legitimate question, I will repeat it ,did the AD s dauughter get to upper school  what is wrong with that . 

Edited by mart

3 minutes ago, mart said:

Why was my post removed it was a legitimate question, 

Personally, I felt it was highly inappropriate to single out an individual pupil in this way and highly irrelevant too!

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, mart said:

Why was my post removed it was a legitimate question, I will repeat it ,did the AD s dauughter get to upper school  what is wrong with that . 

Posts which identify specific pupils are not allowed. 

• Like 1

Ok then how can we find out who got US places this year . Without treading on toes .and being inappropriate on the forum 

6 minutes ago, mart said:

Ok then how can we find out who got US places this year . Without treading on toes .and being inappropriate on the forum 

We can’t unless the parents or child personally lets you know. 

• Like 1

I’m new to the forum with a daughter off to vocational school in September , obviously reading the statistics on here is alarming and a bit depressing if I’m honest . Is there anyone on here that could share some happy/ successful stories of their children’s time at vocational school and beyond ? 

Mart, our Forum rules are clear and all members agree to these rules upon joining the Forum.  As well as a specific section about Discussing Schools, the Acceptable Use Policy also has this paragraph under “Privacy”:

No member should give details of another member’s children such as their name or their dance school, unless the parent has already done so publicly here – this applies particularly in the Doing Dance forum.”

I hope that clarifies things.  

Many thanks,

Anna C on behalf of Balletcoforum Moderators

Jeteitallaway

Please don’t be despondent.

One of my pupils has recently graduated and has gained a job in a reputable company in the U.K. .

She began at my own school , then Hammond , then another vocational school for post 16 .

My DS went to Tring in year 9 and graduated in 2017 .

He gained a job in a lovely classical company abroad and is extremely happy .

He had an amazing time at Tring - gained 8 GCSE , 2 A levels .

He also made lifelong friends , particularly one , who still comes on holiday with us .

His time there included 3 trips to Sweden , a fully funded Summer school in Hong Kong for 3 weeks and much more .

These are just a couple of the many many success stories out there .

Of course there will be a few who don’t make the grade , or have a change of heart , but equally those who go on to happy and fulfilled careers in the industry .

My DS has a friend who gave up dancing aged 18 after being 

at vocational school since 11 .

He says that he doesn’t regret a single minute .

Good luck on your journey into vocational world , I am sure exciting times lie ahead .

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, tutugirl said:

Jeteitallaway

Please don’t be despondent.

One of my pupils has recently graduated and has gained a job in a reputable company in the U.K. .

She began at my own school , then Hammond , then another vocational school for post 16 .

My DS went to Tring in year 9 and graduated in 2017 .

He gained a job in a lovely classical company abroad and is extremely happy .

He had an amazing time at Tring - gained 8 GCSE , 2 A levels .

He also made lifelong friends , particularly one , who still comes on holiday with us .

His time there included 3 trips to Sweden , a fully funded Summer school in Hong Kong for 3 weeks and much more .

These are just a couple of the many many success stories out there .

Of course there will be a few who don’t make the grade , or have a change of heart , but equally those who go on to happy and fulfilled careers in the industry .

My DS has a friend who gave up dancing aged 18 after being 

at vocational school since 11 .

He says that he doesn’t regret a single minute .

Good luck on your journey into vocational world , I am sure exciting times lie ahead .

Thank you , wonderful to hear this . I’ve gone through so many emotion in the last week . From happiness to sheer panic . I’m trying to approach it realistically and hope that it’s the right decision. Sounds like your son had a wonderful time regardless of the outcome. Hope to hear some more happy stories .... pours wine 🍷