Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Sebastian

E-tickets at ROH: technical problems?

Recommended Posts

Might I ask if other people have had trouble getting e-tickets for Covent Garden? A couple of times recently I got to the end of the booking process but no button for choosing the e-ticket option was provided. Both times I had to contact the box office to ask them to change my order to e-tickets (which they helpfully did).

 

Am I the only person to suffer this issue with the booking process? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hello Sebastian.

 

I haven't had a problem in the last couple of years; I bought a ticket for someone 2 days ago, and printed it out today, for example.

 

I always choose the e ticket option, as it's more convenient for me (apart from once when I was so excited about seeing Natalia Osipova I forgot, and we ended up with paper tickets!).

 

Not all venues offer this facility (eg Cadogan Hall) but I wish they would offer the option of print at home tickets. That way, they can never be "lost in the post".

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This starting to happen with some West End shows. You get an email confirming your tickets, on the day of the performance you have to take the card you paid with and ID, your whole party have to arrive and enter together. 

I am guessing it is a way of stopping tickets being sold for inflated prices. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, Pointetoes said:

This starting to happen with some West End shows. You get an email confirming your tickets, on the day of the performance you have to take the card you paid with and ID, your whole party have to arrive and enter together. 

I am guessing it is a way of stopping tickets being sold for inflated prices. 

 

Just happened to a friend who was trying to get tickets to Hamilton for aging relatives who were visiting London from overseas. The unintended consequences of these new rules made it just about impossible to organise the evening.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
45 minutes ago, Geoff said:

 

Just happened to a friend who was trying to get tickets to Hamilton for aging relatives who were visiting London from overseas. The unintended consequences of these new rules made it just about impossible to organise the evening.

 I understand the need to control tickets being sold at inflated prices but there has to be an easier way. As you say it makes organising evenings or afternoons extremely difficult. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/12/2018 at 17:09, Sebastian said:

Might I ask if other people have had trouble getting e-tickets for Covent Garden? A couple of times recently I got to the end of the booking process but no button for choosing the e-ticket option was provided. Both times I had to contact the box office to ask them to change my order to e-tickets (which they helpfully did).

 

Am I the only person to suffer this issue with the booking process? 

 

You are not alone, it keeps happening to me - my latest paper tickets arrived this morning ! Is it because the option to select a delivery method is not very prominent and if you don't click the link which takes you clearly to the e-ticket option then it defaults to a paper ticket ? 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
22 minutes ago, alison said:

 

The English could do with improving, but I'm glad to note that all Russian citizens now have passports :)

 

I'm very much looking forward to reading an on-line sheet of the ROH requirements in Russian!!!  .... LOL .... :)

 

Edited by Bruce Wall

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm very much looking forward to the day the ROH actually condescends to translate salient pages of its website into any other major language apart from English - but not holding my breath.  After all, the email I got yesterday about redesigning the navigation to the website didn't seem to indicate that this would be forthcoming.  Funny, because maybe a decade ago they used to have informational flyers printed in French, German and a couple of other languages.  Typical anglophone arrogance, I guess, assuming that the whole world reads English well.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, alison said:

 

The English could do with improving, but I'm glad to note that all Russian citizens now have passports :)

 

Unless I'm out of date they all have at least one - one for "internal" purposes (the equivalent of an ID card) and, separately,  they may also have one for foreign travel.

 

I'm guessing that it's the internal one which the Bolshoi is talking about, at least in the case of Russian citizens. So, not much to celebrate really!

Edited by Lizbie1
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ah, I suspected as much. I did think it was exceedingly unlikely.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 17/03/2018 at 10:30, annamk said:

You are not alone, it keeps happening to me - my latest paper tickets arrived this morning ! Is it because the option to select a delivery method is not very prominent and if you don't click the link which takes you clearly to the e-ticket option then it defaults to a paper ticket ? 

 

Thanks annamk. However my problem was not one of overlooking the links: for a couple of weeks each time I made a booking I would look very carefully for the link, but not find it. So then I made the booking as if for paper tickets but then contact the box office to ask them to change it for an e-ticket. This was getting tiresome, hence posting here to find out if there was a more general problem.

 

However my last booking was fine - the link was back - so I hope the problem has been fixed now. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×