Former RBS Student is missing. Police are concerned.

Lisa O`Brien

Mods please delete if inappropriate. The RBS have posted on Facebook how concerned they and the police are  for 19 year old former White Lodge student Ashleigh Fair, who went missing from a hospital in Berkshire this morning and was not suitably dressed for the weather. Several national newspapers have also covered this story as well. Just thought if anyone on this Forum knows of her or her whereabouts. Long shot I know.

I find it worrying and to a great degree, inconceivable, that this young woman left the hospital at around 9.30 this morning, lightly clothed in present conditions yet, some 14 hours later, there's not a word about her.  Worse, one version I've seen mentions her getting into a taxi in Reading and asking to be taken to London.  If that's true, what has the driver to say?  And if the driver is unknown, whence came that report?  Keeping an eye open for tomorrow's links, I first saw a report by around mid-day and, as I say, here we are, hours later, apparently with nothing further.  Most troubling.

• Like 1

She was in fact at the Royal Brompton Hospital in South Kensington, she did get into a cab and ask to go to Marble Arch. The initial reports were mistaken with the Royal Berkshire Hospital. As far as I know she is still missing, the police are extremely concerned for her in the weather conditions. Please could people share the news story on their social media, as police are looking for all help they can get in locating her before it is too late.

Thanks

• Like 1

A significant difference - and, if that's the true story, it's doubly worrying that, whilst trawling for this morning's Links, I saw a major tabloid still relaying the taxi from Reading version, allegedly the story according to the police.  What I did not see was any mention of her having been found.

• Anna C featured this topic
8 hours ago, amos73 said:

She was in fact at the Royal Brompton Hospital in South Kensington, she did get into a cab and ask to go to Marble Arch. The initial reports were mistaken with the Royal Berkshire Hospital. As far as I know she is still missing, the police are extremely concerned for her in the weather conditions. Please could people share the news story on their social media, as police are looking for all help they can get in locating her before it is too late.

Thanks

Doesn't give us much faith in the reporting from Thames Valley Police if she was actually at the Royal Brompton.  I do hope she is found soon.  If she is rough sleeping around Marble Arch it is not a safe place to be - never mind the freezing temperatures!

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, junedancer said:

Doesn't give us much faith in the reporting from Thames Valley Police if she was actually at the Royal Brompton.  I do hope she is found soon.  If she is rough sleeping around Marble Arch it is not a safe place to be - never mind the freezing temperatures!

At this stage, what is important is where the poor girl might be now, rather than where she came from.  I'm quite sure Thames Valley and the Met are communicating with each other.  

I'd hope that there is widespread CCTV around the Marble Arch area.  That might be of some help.  

• Like 2

one Newspaper report gave the name of the road she was supposedly dropped off at so I don’t know if they’ve traced the taxi. But as the info on the Met site still says the wrong hospital you don't know what’s accurate. I’ve also shared the link to the Met on a group that has quite a lot of Londoners in. 

Also says she is very poorly & vulnerable.  I do hope she is found & soon. It’s not good out there. 

• Like 2

Why would Thames Valley Police be involved if she got a taxi from the Royal Brompton to Marble Arch?  Why would the Met in their statement give details of the road in Reading where the taxi journey started?  I've not heard anything about a miscommunication and that the journey was from the Royal Brompton anywhere other than on this thread.

As others say, the important thing is finding this vulnerable person and I'm keeping her (and others) in my thoughts and prayers as I'm afraid that's all I can do.

• Like 3

Hi - the met police clarified today she got a taxi to Marble Arch yesterday morning from Reading. (They gave the wrong info when they said she came from royal Brompton it was Royal Berkshire). She was seen on cctv around 11am in Marble Arch. She is still missing. They are asking dance students  to share this on social media in hopes someone she has been in touch with sees it.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, amos73 said:

Hi - the met police clarified today she got a taxi to Marble Arch yesterday morning from Reading. (They gave the wrong info when they said she came from royal Brompton it was Royal Berkshire). She was seen on cctv around 11am in Marble Arch. She is still missing. They are asking dance students  to share this on social media in hopes someone she has been in touch with sees it.

Thanks for confirming this - just back from meeting friends one of whom who works in communications at the Royal Brompton and they were pretty confused when I asked about it.  She made some enquiries and the West London trusts are on the look out for her - this includes the ambulance services who have been alerted to her medical condition.

1 hour ago, amos73 said:

The police have asked for missing persons poster to be shared as widely as possible. I don’t know if I can put it on here? Or how to?

I have managed, I think, to insert a picture and the Thames Valley missing persons link.

https://www.thamesvalley.police.uk/news/missing-people/urgent-appeal-help-trace-missing-woman-reading/

Let us all pray that she is found. X

20B788D8-F904-4B29-B3F3-CA0AC04042B9.jpeg

• Like 5

Amos73

All the news reports and missing persons sites I've seen are reporting her as going missing from the Royal Berkshire Hospital. You seem certain that it was the Royal Brompton- someone really needs to get the information out there clarified to help with the search surely?!

I clarified in another post that the met police informed incorrectly that it was royal Brompton but then corrected on Friday that it was the royal Berkshire, however, the fact she took a taxi to Marble Arch and was last seen on cctv there around 11am on Thursday is confirmed.

• Like 3