Well, it's goodbye from me... and goodbye from her

taxi4ballet

The time has finally come for me to bid you all farewell and bon voyage.

As a few of you already know, my dd's adventures in dance came to an abrupt end a few months ago. Due largely (but not wholly) to continuing troubles with a persistent injury, dd decided that a career in professional dance was not for her and so left vocational training to pursue another path.

(I shan't go into the whole protracted saga on here as that is her story to tell, as I am sure you will understand).

Before I depart, I would like to say a huge thank you to the moderators, without whom the forum would not be the place it is, and very best wishes to all those who are embarking on their own journeys, whether just starting out, in training, or soon-to-be and recent graduates. Massive hugs to all the lovely friends we have made, both on here and in real life - we miss you loads. 

I might pop back now and again to see what's happening - my life won't be the same without logging on to balletco otherwise!

TTFN

• Like 44

Thanks for all your contributions, Taxi.   I do hope you will continue to make some now and then.  I am so glad that you found so much help, joy and solace from this forum during the years of your dd's journey.  I wish her all the best of luck with whatever path she takes....please keep us informed!

With warm wishes,

Sim

• Like 6

Good luck to your daughter on her new journey. She has such determination and parental support she will succeed in whatever path she decides to follow. 

You have been a huge support over the years (and tears as that was initially spellchecked to!). Hope we can keep in touch. 

• Like 5

Oh Taxi, I am sure this is a very bitter sweet journey for you too.  I wish your DD all the best for her future and good luck to you all.  She will have gained a wealth of knowledge and imessurable skills with her dance journey and I hope she finds real happiness in her new path. 

• Like 5

I'm so sorry to hear you're leaving us Taxi, but I do understand.  You've given excellent and invaluable advice here over the years so I too hope you pop back every now and then.  You'll be very much missed on the forum so I'm glad we can still keep in touch in real life.  

Hugs to you all and I wish your dd huge success on her new path. xx

• Like 7

I hope you'll pop in from time to time - we'll miss you but do understand. I've hung on in there (mainly because I'm a moderator!) since Josh gave up his dance career - it's hard reading everyone's excitement around audition time and seeing the hope everyone has for a dance career when I miss it all so much, but I still enjoy watching ballet/theatre and have friends in companies or dancing freelance, so that keeps my interest alive. I find I can advise less now as times have changed but hope I can help steer people in the right direction and keep their feet on the ground. 

Sorry, went off on a slight tangent there - thinking of you and your daughter x

• Like 12

My daughter gave up vocational school in January too due to injury.  She managed to go straight back into studying A levels and I think fate stepped in the way and she is loving it.  She is back at her local dance school a couple of times a week and just dancing for fun without all the pressure.  It's a big change but they soon adapt, I wish your DD all the luck for the future. 

• Like 7

Come back and visit Balletco as often as you can - best of luck to you and your DD on her new adventures.

* wait taxi! Don’t log off yet - I’ve just thought of something VERY important I need to ask a long time stalwart of DoingDance and I’m sure this question hasn’t been raised before and I have DEFINITELY searched for it and just can’t see an answer?

...SOCKS.....

or

TIGHTS?

;-) 

• Like 18

2 hours ago, Curious said:

My daughter gave up vocational school in January too due to injury.  She managed to go straight back into studying A levels and I think fate stepped in the way and she is loving it.  She is back at her local dance school a couple of times a week and just dancing for fun without all the pressure.  It's a big change but they soon adapt, I wish your DD all the luck for the future. 

My daughter also gave up vocational training in January and also due to injury (which she has fully recovered from) and a few other issues.

She has also gone back to her school 6th form to study for A’levels and is dancing locally purely for pleasure now. She’s enjoying in her own words ‘normal life’.

I’d like to wish your daughter every success Curious.

Taxi4ballet please wish your daughter all the best with her future endeavours and I send you my best wishes. Our daughters did know each other from their associate days. 

• Like 8

9 hours ago, Loulabelle said:

My daughter also gave up vocational training in January and also due to injury (which she has fully recovered from) and a few other issues.

She has also gone back to her school 6th form to study for A’levels and is dancing locally purely for pleasure now. She’s enjoying in her own words ‘normal life’.

Taxi4ballet please wish your daughter all the best with her future endeavours and I send you my best wishes. Our daughters did know each other from their associate days. 

Oh Loulabelle, I'm so sorry to hear about your dd.  I hope she is happy and fully recovered. 

10 hours ago, Loulabelle said:

Loulabelle, dd and me just wanted to wish you and your daughter every success in the future, so glad that she is doing well and enjoying being a 6th former! All the best xx

Taxi I feel a bit tearful tbh! 😢😢You have been a source of wisdom and will be missed. For me the forum has been a life saver and it depends on people contributing. The very best of luck to your daughter.

To Loulabelle and Curious I wish your daughters the very best also.

It is sad to hear about injuries but the silver lining is that your ex-dd will probably move into much more secure careers. I hope they recover from the huge disappointment they must have felt.

Xx

• Like 7

The very best of luck to you and your DD and hope she is successful in her future career and may even get to enjoy some recreational dance down the line a bit. I hope we will benefit from your humour from time to time perhaps on the Not Dance thread....especially if you see any "strange signs" around!

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Mnemo said:

Loulabelle, dd and me just wanted to wish you and your daughter every success in the future, so glad that she is doing well and enjoying being a 6th former! All the best xx

Thank you Mnemo, it was a very difficult decision for my dd to make but we are very proud of her for making this decision so maturely. 

I would just like to say that she is fully recovered from her injury and another lovely school has approached her about the possibilty of joining them. 

However she has decided not to pursue a classical career but luckily as she was an all rounder, may audition for dance/MT after her A’levels. 

Thank you everyone else for your best wishes, I don’t want to hijack Taxi’s thread so will say no more. 

If anyone wishes to talk to me about out experiences please feel free to pm me. I don’t have any criticism to throw at the school she attended. 

• Like 5