Dance shop discounts

Picturesinthefirelight

I know that several of the London dance shops give discounts to Dance/MT college students on production of your offer letter. 

Does anyone know how far ahead you can do this. Dd needs new shoes & we are in London next week. She’s at lower school but has two offers for September & will probably accept the first. 

Is it a bit early to try?

I found that Bloch & Capezio would give discount (10% I think the general amount offered) to lower school voc kids....I think I either had a letter of proof in store with me so they photocopied it or I emailed in the offer of place letter? Seem also to think (with Bloch at least) that I could not get discount through online store but could by calling the London shop with order. They were helpful with sending things out asap & actually seem to recall first class postage charged was actually cheaper than the standard online delivery costs :)

I would call & speak to someone at whichever store you are interested in - they may all have there own policies & ID proof requirements....

Have not needed to use for a while as great supplier at school once a week which you may find you have down the line too (dependant on school/college)....I think we get a built in discount on prices & there's an added discount on every third pair of ballet shoes....every little helps! 

We've never thought of asking for a discount at either Bloch or Capezio before (& she's bought lots from there over the last 4 and a half years though mostly tap/jazz shoes, not ballet)  To be honest she tends top go to dancique for pointes as she finds Monday lunchtimes with Stardust too rushed for proper fittings.  its only the fact that we are visiting Covent Garden next week and her flats have holes in them that she thought she may as well get them from the shop direct.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Peanut68 said:

Confession.....I am a natural cheapskate & will ask for discounts shamelessly wherever & for whatever in life...much to the embarrassment of my kids :D

I don't blame you - what's the worst they can say? "No, sorry".  :)

Have had a few blank looks & also some rather scathing looks which have made me want to crawl under the nearest bush in my time but, on the whole, I'd say that success rate is pretty high - esp. for high value or niche products & also on second hand items. Dance wear I only ask as DD is in vocational training & let's face it, lots of items needed!

I started asking as soon as dd had an offer letter (Nov for following Sept entry) and some outlets (e.g. Dancia International) will give 15% off. Having spent vast sums on dance related stuff I have had absolutely no shame in doing this. You go for it....