Good Luck/Audition results 2018

TooTu

58 minutes ago, Tu2 said:

A no for my dd for a year 8 place Manchester auditions.she’s fine about it they are very resilient. Had a yes for finals for year 7 last year and is now loving her MA class. Good look to everybody for the year ahead x

glad she’s taken it well . She’s a beautiful dancer and a beautiful soul . Our no was met by a shrug lol . Good luck to anyone still waiting and well done to those who got a yesxx 

• Like 3

• Replies 635
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

47 minutes ago, Pixiewoo said:

Out of curiosity... about 850 children audition ... how many get finals and how many places are there? 

Luckily DD doesn't want to go away to vocational school (currently!), so I'm just interested.

I think they are all so brave to audition.

Not all of the 850 are going for WL assuming the figures in their Annual Reports - some only audition for MAs.

29 minutes ago, junedancer said:

Not all of the 850 are going for WL assuming the figures in their Annual Reports - some only audition for MAs.

The results email said over 850 applicants for full-time training at WL, so I guess mids-only applications take the number even higher! We were told there were record numbers this year.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, SissonneDoublee said:

The results email said over 850 applicants for full-time training at WL, so I guess mids-only applications take the number even higher! We were told there were record numbers this year.

That is definitely higher than previous years as the total of WL and MAs does not normally add up to that.  Fantastic achievement to those who have finals auditions.

11 hours ago, DancingWellies said:

We were told at Elmhurst for every succesful student there were at least 10 who applied.

Curious about the numbers applying to Elmhurst for full time training. Does this mean it's around 400? There's not much information out there, not that I can find, despite looking.

Ispend828, that's the sort of number I had in mind. There seem to be around 25 to 30 in the lower year groups. It wasn't a precise figure we were given on induction, more of you've done very well to get a place as for everyone of you here today there's at least 10 who didn't was the context. It's also clear they will only take people they want as evidenced by last year's late auditions after they hadn't awarded all the MDS funding in the normal auditions.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, DancingWellies said:

Ispend828, that's the sort of number I had in mind. There seem to be around 25 to 30 in the lower year groups. It wasn't a precise figure we were given on induction, more of you've done very well to get a place as for everyone of you here today there's at least 10 who didn't was the context. It's also clear they will only take people they want as evidenced by last year's late auditions after they hadn't awarded all the MDS funding in the normal auditions.

I was going to ask if anyone knows how many make it through to finals for year 7 girls WL and Elmhurst? I think at an audition insight day for Royal they said around 30-40, but if they had record numbers of applications then this could be more...

then it is roughly 12 who make it?

my DD was successful for spring program and it says on there that they can still audtion on the program. Do you think we will have to wait until April to get results?

wishing everyone good luck. I envy the grit and resilience these young children have to go through this all.

3 hours ago, Bimblegirl said:

I was going to ask if anyone knows how many make it through to finals for year 7 girls WL and Elmhurst? I think at an audition insight day for Royal they said around 30-40, but if they had record numbers of applications then this could be more...

then it is roughly 12 who make it?

my DD was successful for spring program and it says on there that they can still audtion on the program. Do you think we will have to wait until April to get results?

wishing everyone good luck. I envy the grit and resilience these young children have to go through this all.

Last year at Royal finals they told us they had approx 1000 applicants (including international applicants) which was a record number, which is why they did the audition over 2 days for the first time, as I believe they took approx 60 to finals (and they’d normally only take about 40 I was led to believe) 

Elmhurst finals there was about 40 invited to finals I believe but perhaps about 35 there on the day as some had already accepted a place at Royal x 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Balletmum55 said:

Last year at Royal finals they told us they had approx 1000 applicants (including international applicants) which was a record number, which is why they did the audition over 2 days for the first time, as I believe they took approx 60 to finals (and they’d normally only take about 40 I was led to believe) 

Elmhurst finals there was about 40 invited to finals I believe but perhaps about 35 there on the day as some had already accepted a place at Royal x 

It is over 2 days again this year.so did you get results before Elmhurst finals? X

3 hours ago, Balletmum55 said:

Boys were first last year. Year 7 girls separate for their 2 days. Not sure about the others. 

And yes, we got the results before elmhurst finals last year x 

good luck! Oh and book your hotels as they book up fast!! 

I suspect the numbers game comes into play - which  at  entry to (pre) professional training  is not an equal one   due to the self selection biases  , societal overlay and all that... 

4 hours ago, hoglett said:

Just out of interest - are the offers ever dependent on GCSE grades? 

Yes they definitely are for some courses. My dd's offer was subject to her getting 5 GCSEs at A* to C. This tends to be more the case for degree courses where the academic requirements are set by the validating body.

4 hours ago, taxi4ballet said:

For upper school I don't think so - mainly because they have so many international applicants anyway, whose schooling will have been different.

I'm always curious when it comes down to the offers for places. If a DC was offered both Elmhurst AND RBS they obviously can't accept both, so do the schools have a reserve list? Also some maynot be able to accept their place because of the funding issue. There must be quite a jugglying act before the start of the term in Sept not just with National but also International Students. 

• Like 1

21 hours ago, hoglett said:

Just out of interest - are the offers ever dependent on GCSE grades? 

If I remember rightly, Royal Conservatoire of Scotland's offers certainly were on condition that applicants got 5 passes at GCSE; this was a couple of years ago though.