Good Luck/Audition results 2018

TooTu

We have a predicted no for WL year 10 but a yes for Elmhurst. Her teacher said not to expect WL this year so she's very happy with the Elmhurst result. As a late starter, we were aiming for 16 and upper school so we have more than  expected this year. All the hard work pays off.. There are many routes to success!

• Like 9

• Replies 635
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

19 minutes ago, richieN said:

We auditioned for Y8 WL in Manchester. Still not heard anything. Fingers crossed everyone :-)

20 minutes ago, richieN said:

We auditioned for Y8 WL in Manchester. Still not heard anything. Fingers crossed everyone :-)

We haven’t heard from Manchester either same audition as your DD

I can't imagine we will hear tonight now :( Wonder how on earth they choose how to send the emails? Yes first for one audition location followed by nos then same for each? I have no idea. I haven't heard any nos for the London WL audition., unless someone else has? Ah well, keep hanging in there everyone!!x

4 minutes ago, nicass said:

I can't imagine we will hear tonight now :( Wonder how on earth they choose how to send the emails? Yes first for one audition location followed by nos then same for each? I have no idea. I haven't heard any nos for the London WL audition., unless someone else has? Ah well, keep hanging in there everyone!!x

Alphabetically? 

2 hours ago, scoobydoo said:

No to finals for WL year 8, but DD has Elmhurst finals and Tring funding audition to look forward to, so not the slightest bit upset!! 

Well done to the yes’s, sorry if it’s a no. 😀

Hi

Congratulations - is this for lower school or upper ? I note one emailed you who was this ? 

4 minutes ago, Bimblegirl said:

I think the rest of Royal results will be out tomorrow.

my DD has been offered Tring and finals for WL, Elmhurst and YDA.

so hard with Tring giving offers before final results for the others, but I suppose that is their tactics!

Many congratulations to your DD. That is fantastic news. [ And welcome to the Forum] !

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Lisa O`Brien said:

Many congratulations to your DD. That is fantastic news. [ And welcome to the Forum] !

Thank you!! Shocked but so nervous for her, she really wants this but still more auditions to go through! Hopefully she will get her dream.

so many talented children!

so pleased I found this forum, looks like a wealth of knowledge and support.

• Like 4

25 minutes ago, Bimblegirl said:

I think the rest of Royal results will be out tomorrow.

my DD has been offered Tring and finals for WL, Elmhurst and YDA.

so hard with Tring giving offers before final results for the others, but I suppose that is their tactics!

Is that a funding offer BG?

21 minutes ago, Vonrothbart said:

Is that a funding offer BG?

Offered a place and then as we qualify for MDS, that audition if we wanted it. So we didn’t pay the deposit for the place and went with the MDS audtion. My DD really wants Royal or Elmhurst so has to risk it.

I guess we might hear today? Is there still hope for a yes if some of the ones who were on the same day (although earlier groups) heard yesterday? I have no idea about these things!!

My DD says 'everyone' expected her to get in and there's so much pressure. I told her it's quite the opposite, with the number of kids applying the chances were slim for a call back and it doesn't mean she's not a good dancer. She's a bit of an all rounder and if I'm honest, i would prefer to see if we can go to a vocational school that offers dance and theatre arts at some point, but ballet is her dream so we have gone with that this time ;) I hate the thought of her going away so young, although the mood she was in this morning......!!!:D

Good luck all :)

• Like 7

It was a no for us from the Manchester auditions - hope DD wont be too upset. Her yes from Elmhurst should help to cushion the blow (I hope!!).

Our children do so well to pick themselves up after these disappointments. I think us mums and dads take it harder than they do sometimes.

Good luck to those still waiting.

• Like 5

A no for my dd for a year 8 place Manchester auditions.she’s fine about it they are very resilient. Had a yes for finals for year 7 last year and is now loving her MA class. Good look to everybody for the year ahead x

• Like 8