Good Luck/Audition results 2018

TooTu

• Replies 635
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

On 10/03/2018 at 16:13, Sarah2203 said:

@MrsMoo2 my dd is so excited now. She's had her final private lesson today and her solo is looking great. She loves to sing so really looking forward to that part of the audition too. We're heading down early Monday so we can explore Chester as she never saw any of it last year. She's after a yr8 place so in all honesty we know places are like gold dust x

Have a lovely time in Chester. We live here! Spent a lovely few hours down the river yesterday just mooching about with the dog.

DS is looking forward to tomorrow, he’s upstairs now running through his solo!

Less enthusiastic about the singing, but he said he’ll give it his best shot.

What are you going to do while you wait?? DS is blonde and has a blue tracksuit! 😄😄 xx 

• Like 2

Thankyou @MrsMoo2. We had a lovely day. Weather limited our outside time but my dd is in love with the beautiful place already. My friends ds attends the school already so we picked him up after school and spent sometime catching up. When we dropped him off at the boarding house we were invited in to meet the kids. They were all so lovely and put on a little showcase for us. So inspiring watching these kids that just live and breathe performing. They managed to persuade dd to show her dance and vocal solo and made her feel so great about herself. She's even more ready to audition now, they were all so lovely to her. Absolute credit to parents every single child in the house.

I'll be spending the day having a look around the city again and searching for cafes to read in again. I found a book stall last year in the market so hoping to find some good reads there. 

My dd is the tiny one who will more than likely wearing her most comfortable mustard yellow hoodie. 

• Like 5

5 hours ago, Sarah2203 said:

Thankyou @MrsMoo2. We had a lovely day. Weather limited our outside time but my dd is in love with the beautiful place already. My friends ds attends the school already so we picked him up after school and spent sometime catching up. When we dropped him off at the boarding house we were invited in to meet the kids. They were all so lovely and put on a little showcase for us. So inspiring watching these kids that just live and breathe performing. They managed to persuade dd to show her dance and vocal solo and made her feel so great about herself. She's even more ready to audition now, they were all so lovely to her. Absolute credit to parents every single child in the house.

I'll be spending the day having a look around the city again and searching for cafes to read in again. I found a book stall last year in the market so hoping to find some good reads there. 

My dd is the tiny one who will more than likely wearing her most comfortable mustard yellow hoodie. 

Go to the cafe beneath Debenhams under the rows. Very atmospheric, especially if you’re reading a Dracula or such like! 👍👍👍 xxx

• Like 2

Good luck to all the children auditioning at Hammond today. 

Sarah2003 I’m not surprised about your visit to the boarding house! All the boarding staff are amazing with the children, which in turn helps make the children happy and feeling safe where they are! The boarding houses really are home from home! For me it’s not all the mod cons and newer buildings that make a School but the people and children in them that make it!! Happy and healthy children make for a happy atmosphere and happy parents! Knowing that your children are being well looked after is of paramount importance!!! 

Edited by Dancing unicorn
  • Like 11

Just what we don’t need tonight, Dd has come home with a splitting headache she’s had most of the day. We were out with family at the weekend & my Neice had to be taken home not feeling well. She’s had a raging temp for two days so I really hope it’s not that. 

Dd has gone to bed now as she will need to be up early in the morning. 

• Like 1

Oh no, hope she can manage tomorrow. DS said it went well. He sang Happy Birthday in the end to Gandalf! Random as ever...😆😆 Said he was pleased his music had worked on the sound system, and he remembered all his steps.

Just the wait now, let’s hope they don’t keep us in suspense for too long! 👍👍👍👍

• Like 3

1 hour ago, MrsMoo2 said:

Just the wait now, let’s hope they don’t keep us in suspense for too long! 👍👍👍👍

They are usually very quick. Going from past experience letters usually go out the Friday afterwards, however they’ve also got Seniors funding tomorrow & Graduate showcase on Thursday (thank goodness as it was the original venue had a fire last eek) &  I’m not sure if it’s happened before where lots  of things are all in the same week. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Picturesinthefirelight said:

They are usually very quick. Going from past experience letters usually go out the Friday afterwards, however they’ve also got Seniors funding tomorrow & Graduate showcase on Thursday (thank goodness as it was the original venue had a fire last eek) &  I’m not sure if it’s happened before where lots  of things are all in the same week. 

I think they said as the recall is next Wednesday for MDS, they’d get the results out by then. DS seems amazingly chilled! I can feel a migraine coming on! 😆😆😆

Yes a very busy week for Hammond this week - lower school auditions today, the whole school are in Manchester this evening watching Matthew Bourne’s Cinderella, Upper School Funding Auditions tomorrow (good luck to all our gorgeous yr11’s and anyone else attending! 🍀) Graduate Showcase Thursday and yr10 Dancing at the Storeyhouse too!! What a week!!! Fabulous! 

• Like 3

And to your dd Pictures! 🍀🍀

Bless her, hope she’s feeling much better in the morning. I’m sure the adrenalin will kick in! I hope it does for all of them after the late night tonight. Hopefully it will be a very quiet coach trip home as they will be asleep! Haha!!!!! 

• Like 1

I'm not sure that Laine, Performers and Bird are classed as the bright lights of London as none of them actually central London based but agree it makes a big difference where in the country you live and if your dc wish to move miles away. Good luck to all auditioning at the moment. It's stressful x

My dd had an absolute blast at Hammond yesterday. She got on really well with the other auditionees and thought she did well. She felt her solos went great though did comment it felt the day was very rushed. They'd squeezed lot into the group and didn't have time to do the tests on the afternoon. Fingers crossed they'll ring us with results as they said they might due to close date of the finals. 

• Like 7

Good luck to all those auditioning in next few days.

I know if not successful, associates receive feedback with a phone call from one of the panel - can be a bit of a wait for this and may take weeks, not sure if non associates get a call. 

Looking forward to seeing all those yes's. 

Xx

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Sarah2203 said:

My dd had an absolute blast at Hammond yesterday. She got on really well with the other auditionees and thought she did well. She felt her solos went great though did comment it felt the day was very rushed. They'd squeezed lot into the group and didn't have time to do the tests on the afternoon. Fingers crossed they'll ring us with results as they said they might due to close date of the finals. 

Good luck to your DD. How many were there yesterday? There was only about 20 children in my daughter's prelim in November.

Edited by margarite
  • Like 1

19 minutes ago, margarite said:

Good luck to your DD. How many were there yesterday? There was only about 20 children in my daughter's prelim in November.

@margarite there  was 32 kids auditioning yesterday! The school have already been in touch early  this morning and offered a place to my dd (though I know majority of kids get offered a place). She'll be over the moon though she gets to go back next week for the funding audition.

• Like 13