Good Luck/Audition results 2018

TooTu

7 minutes ago, Sarah2203 said:

I was under the impression the registration form and fee had to be handed in by Wednesday before the kids went into audition? I was told over the phone to hand both in on the day? 

Everyone who attended Wednesday audition at Hammond goes into reserve list and are ranked in order of score. Though honestly this doesn't always work as a boy lower down the list can still end up with an MDS over a girl who's higher up the list due to boarding situation. Plus I'd imagine year group has an impact too? My dd was quite high up reserve list last year and we know of people lower down the list who ended up with awards when she never did.

That’s the first I’ve heard about having to hand them in before the funding audition, as the auditions are rated on talent and not financial status, so they wouldn’t need that paperwork prior to the audition. At the first audition she said to hand them in as soon as possible and no later than August for all paperwork relating to your DC. I may have misheard though. If that’s what they do then that seems a little unfair, especially when they’ve stated on the letter that they go in order, can understand about the boy/girl scenario, but not year groups necessarily. It’s a whole new world to us so I’m just going to hand the financial forms in and have a chat about bursaries, but right now I’m thinking it’s a lost cause and we will just stay as we are and maybe re-audition next year.  

• Replies 635
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, Billyelliott said:

Our post man has been as well and the postal version of the email Elmhurst letter has not come ...

I suppose that means they were not ready in time for the post!

we have one week to accept so you can expect some movement on waiting lists after a week as I’m sure several students have other offers to consider.....

try to distract yourselves for the weekend it sounds like it will be Mondays post at the earliest....sorry to have gotten your hopes up for today! 😬

Thank you BillyElliott for letting us know.  Central will be a good distraction for many of them tomorrow.

So pleased your DS has his place ☺️

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Sarah2203 said:

I was told over the phone the registration form with fee had to be in Wednsday and the medical and financial form to be handed in ideally before the end of Easter holidays. One of the other parents was told the same aswell?

30 minutes ago, Sarah2203 said:

I was told over the phone the registration form with fee had to be in Wednsday and the medical and financial form to be handed in ideally before the end of Easter holidays. One of the other parents was told the same aswell?

Ah right, I wasn’t aware of that. I’ll have to speak to them. 

32 minutes ago, Wend said:

Ah right, I wasn’t aware of that. I’ll have to speak to them. 

Perhaps we as parents may have scuppered our DD’s audition then by not providing this in time, but no one at the Hammond mentioned to us a deadline date, just as soon as possible. We are still waiting on payroll to provide us with the information and documents they’ve asked for. Never mind, obviously not meant to be.  Thanks for the information. 

The financial form and documents didn't need to be in this week as far as I am aware. Just the registration form handed out at first audition as well as the fee of £155. I'm assuming if those don't get paid and handed in no place will be kept if you are on reserve list ?

Edited by Sarah2203
Incomplete post
  • Like 1

16 minutes ago, Sarah2203 said:

The financial form and documents didn't need to be in this week as far as I am aware. Just the registration form handed out at first audition as well as the fee of £155. I'm assuming if those don't get paid and handed in no place will be kept if you are on reserve list ?

We received a letter stating our DD is on the reserve list, is there anyone available to speak to (as their now on half term), so I can pay over the phone? Or do you think it will be okay to hang on until after the holidays? I can post the registration form to them as soon as I have done my DD’s passport photo tomorrow. 

2 minutes ago, Wend said:

We received a letter stating our DD is on the reserve list, is there anyone available to speak to (as their now on half term), so I can pay over the phone? Or do you think it will be okay to hang on until after the holidays? I can post the registration form to them as soon as I have done my DD’s passport photo tomorrow. 

I have no idea about any individual member of staff’s holiday arrangements, but it has been possible to talk to School in the holidays in the past. 

• Like 1

I don't think anyone is in school now until after the holidays. I think they've did everything a little rushed this year having the auditions so close together. Last year all the forms had to be back before funding audition so they had all the information to hand to make the offers regarding bursary a few days after MDS letters were sent. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Karen said:

I have no idea about any individual member of staff’s holiday arrangements, but it has been possible to talk to School in the holidays in the past. 

Thanks, I’ve just called and the message says their offices will be open 8am Monday so hopefully there will be someone there who will be able to take payment and at least keep DD’s name on the reserve list. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Sarah2203 said:

I don't think anyone is in school now until after the holidays. I think they've did everything a little rushed this year having the auditions so close together. Last year all the forms had to be back before funding audition so they had all the information to hand to make the offers regarding bursary a few days after MDS letters were sent. 

I’ll ring First thing on Monday and hope someone can take payment, it’s our first time auditioning for anything like this so it’s all new to us, so don’t know about last year, but yes it does seem to be everything at once in a short space of time. Thanks for all your help.

• Like 1

Hi Wend what year was you DD auditioning for yr 7 ? My DD is currently yr 8 at Hammond . She was lucky enough to get an MDS award straightaway to join Year 7 but there was a number of children in her year pulled from the reserve list and also given MDS awards so don't lose hope . She loves her school and is making such fantastic progress having opportunities which she would never have had if she'd stayed at home xx

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, Ballet4Boyz said:

The Hammond staff are always very helpful - if you call first thing on Monday and manage to get through to someone  & explain you may have got your wires a little crossed - I'm sure they'll do everything to help 😊 . 

Thanks, I will. It’s all been a bit of a whirlwind ha-ha. 

16 minutes ago, Lou78 said:

Hi Wend what year was you DD auditioning for yr 7 ? My DD is currently yr 8 at Hammond . She was lucky enough to get an MDS award straightaway to join Year 7 but there was a number of children in her year pulled from the reserve list and also given MDS awards so don't lose hope . She loves her school and is making such fantastic progress having opportunities which she would never have had if she'd stayed at home xx

Yes Year 7; thanks, one can only hope, she’s just a bit gutted because they’ve said she’s of a standard for The Hammond but obviously not good enough for a scholarship, which we really needed. She’ll bounce back and she has her Associate place to fall back on if an MDS etc. doesn’t become a viable option, so it’s not all bad. I just want her to have the best opportunity to do the thing she loves most, (as we all do I guess), so right now feeling low and disappointed for her, but tomorrow is another day as they say. 

Hi All, 

Congratulations to everyone on all their amazing results, but don’t give up too soon . 

My DD got accepted for Hammond last year and we got funding 3 weeks before the term started , so hang in there dreams really do come true. We were on holiday when we got the call and they had to tell my DD as she wouldn’t believe me , and she said until she saw the letter of an offer then she wouldn’t believe it. 

She had a few strange looks in the shop we was in as she burst out crying 😢. 

Good luck to everyone and if I won the lottery I’d pay for everyone . 

X x 

• Like 11

59 minutes ago, Mummy twinkle toes said:

Hammond will tell you where you are on list and how likely you may still get MDS. 50% is usually the maximum bursary.

Hammond letters have  said not to contact them, they will contact you when a place becomes available! So not sure how we’d find out what position on the waiting list we are in?? ☹️

2 minutes ago, Mummy twinkle toes said:

That is different then last year. Does the letter ask you to phone about funding? It is usually during this call they inform you. Perhaps it is different this year.

Yeah does say you can call to discuss financial circumstances and possible bursary assistance

I have moved a couple of posts into the pinned  "Questions about Lower Schools" and "Questions about Upper Schools" threads respectively as they were more general questions and not specific to 2018 audition results.