Good Luck/Audition results 2018

TooTu

• Replies 635
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Just wanted to say that I have had some great feedback from Hammond, has really given DS areas to work on to maybe retry next year.Β 

He was closer than I thought he was, scoring high on physique, flexibility, and proportion but was let down on technique and the ability to look at the audience! (Things we can work on)

Surprisingly his solo, which was cobbled together by him and his sister was well received.

If only all places gave such good feedback eh???

Asked him to join associates class in May to see if he can keep up. If he can, he can do that for 12 months. Keep him busy!!

πŸ™‚πŸ™‚πŸ™‚πŸ™‚

• Like 24

Had to laugh at his determination, when I told him, he just said, β€œWell I’ll just try again next year and the year after that and the year after that and the year after that...” πŸ˜†πŸ˜†πŸ˜†πŸ˜†πŸ˜†

• Like 11

23 minutes ago, MrsMoo2 said:

Had to laugh at his determination, when I told him, he just said, β€œWell I’ll just try again next year and the year after that and the year after that and the year after that...” πŸ˜†πŸ˜†πŸ˜†πŸ˜†πŸ˜†

Great attitude, and as you said, the negative points from their feedback are easily worked on. Roll on next year! X

• Like 1

Two of mine got in to Hammond associates from the regular audition and another two got in from the associate trial class. I’ve now got 7 Hammond associates and feedback is always positive from the kids. The multi genre timetable is brilliant and quite unique.Β 

Β 

Β 

• Like 2

New to the forumΒ and new toΒ auditioningΒ Β we have only applied for Hammond as ddΒ is an associate and it was suggested she try. Β She has been offeredΒ a place at Hammond for year 7 but now waiting funding results. Β Does anyone know how many MDS and what are the options if no offer off MDS?

8 hours ago, Picturesinthefirelight said:

My educated guess is that Hammond Lower School will be posted tomorrow.Β 

I agree - I think this has been the pattern for several years. Posted on the last day before Easter hols. When Dd was waiting in yr 7, the last day of term was Maundy Thursday, so no post on Good Friday. I dreaded the results not arriving on Easter Saturday as that would mean a wait until Tuesday. Fortunately they came and were the start of a massive part of our lives! Good luck to all waiting - go stalk the postie tomorrow!Β 

• Like 1

On 21/03/2018 at 22:18, Picturesinthefirelight said:

Dada results are out for Hammond.Β 

Β 

Dd will not be attending her recall at Leeds.Β 

Please wish her many congratulations from me if she remembers me! So,so pleased for you all.

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, hfbrew said:

Please wish her many congratulations from me if she remembers me! So,so pleased for you all.

Β 

Yes she definately remembers you!Β  She talks fondly of her week at your summer school.Β  Looking back I can hardly believe she is the same child as that little, inexperienced but oh so enthusiastic 11 year old.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, FlexyNexy said:

My DD had YES letter from Tring for upper school back in February...but they can not offer board (bed) or funding audition for her ....i wonder what was the point of even sending the offer to her?Β 

Β 

Most of the schools have more places than funding and ifΒ  someone was in the lucky position of being able to self fund living in outside accommodation can work out considerably cheaper than boarding in house.Β  Hammond have no boarding accommodation for Upper School (actually I tell a lie since they bought a new boarding house they now have a very very limited handful of places) so pretty much all their students live with a landlady in the first two years then in student houses once they are 18.

Edited by Picturesinthefirelight
  • Like 2

33 minutes ago, FlexyNexy said:

My DD had YES letter from Tring for upper school back in February...but they can not offer board (bed) or funding audition for her ....i wonder what was the point of even sending the offer to her?Β 

My daughter has been given a place but it was the funding final that we are waiting for the results for.Β 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, FlexyNexy said:

Believe it or not there are several students who can afford (or at least manage to raise) full fees!Β 

1 hour ago, Picturesinthefirelight said:

Β 

I hope your dd's auditions and results have gone well for her.

Thanks Pictures. We have a lot of thinking to do. She’s hoping to go to America but waiting to see how funding there works and if she can go at 16 (or if she should stay where she is for now)