Good Luck/Audition results 2018

TooTu

10 hours ago, Wollysocks said:

My DS  got a no today hes upset .. but I've told him to concentrate on his final for Elmhurst next week instead now..  He would be going into year 10. 

Sorry for your DS, well done for your Elmhurst Final. My dd was so upset not getting Elmhurst finals year 8.

We got WL finals, but a no result, so her Tring finals has given her a much needed boost. Good luck for your DS next week, go smash it! 

• Like 3

• Replies 635
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, Wollysocks said:

Thank you AuntieNora, it's all very strange I think each school must look for different quantities each year. Good luck with your DD

It is an eye opener isn't it?  My DD will be at Elmhurst finals next week too, also for year 10 entry, so see you there!  The nerves are really kicking in now.

• Like 1

On 07/03/2018 at 11:49, AuntieNora said:

Has anyone had results yet for Tring Dance Course Audition from last week?

We got an offer of a place so very exciting news indeed, but no funding audition sadly so she ticks some boxes but not quite enough I guess. Unfortunately we can't accept - our DD knew the score so has been ok with this... She's even more keen to try again next year though and wrote down a massive stretching/exercise plan that she intends to do daily.

• Like 10

9 hours ago, Paleblueleotard said:

We got an offer of a place so very exciting news indeed, but no funding audition sadly so she ticks some boxes but not quite enough I guess. Unfortunately we can't accept - our DD knew the score so has been ok with this... She's even more keen to try again next year though and wrote down a massive stretching/exercise plan that she intends to do daily.

It’s great news to get an offer, it shows she’s got what it takes! Keep going dd! If it doesn’t happen for us this year, we will keep trying too, unfortunately we are not in the position to accept without funding either, which dd understands, unless we have that lotto win!

• Like 6

9 minutes ago, Dancer123 said:

We got a No from WL finals. DD has been amazing and taken news really well. Just wanted to Thank everyone on the forum for all their support and Well Done to any ‘yes’ results out there! Onwards and Upwards!!!!

Such an amazing achievement getting to finals in the first place, sorry to hear it was a no. Hugs to you both x

• Like 5

39 minutes ago, Dancer123 said:

We got a No from WL finals. DD has been amazing and taken news really well. Just wanted to Thank everyone on the forum for all their support and Well Done to any ‘yes’ results out there! Onwards and Upwards!!!!

Well done to your lovely dd, she has done so so well this year and lots to look forward to. Xxx

• Like 1

Hey,

I've recently auditioned at Ballet West and have been offered an unconditional place to start in September! I absolutely loved the place and everything about it, but was hoping to hear a bit more from people who are currently or have trained there as I need to make sure it is the right school for me to go to, as it is such a big decision!

I was wondering if I could find more out about the accommodation, weekly schedule, teaching, how stressful the degree is alongside training, living in Taynuilt, and half terms/holidays you get and how much time you get to visit back home, and anything else that there is to add about ballet west!

Thank you!!! :) 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, WillowBallerina said:

@Balletaddict I've got an offer from them too and I'm accepting it so will be interested in what people respond to your post with. Also, let me know if you end up accepting as I'd love to start up a facebook group if there isn't already one. <3

Ahh that's amazing well done!! I feel like I may end up deciding to accept my offer at Ballet West! I loved it! We might end up starting at Ballet West together! I'll definitely let you know if i get any replies, and the idea of a facebook group sounds great! <3 

• Like 1

Just now, Balletaddict said:

Ahh that's amazing well done!! I feel like I may end up deciding to accept my offer at Ballet West! I loved it! We might end up starting at Ballet West together! I'll definitely let you know if i get any replies, and the idea of a facebook group sounds great! <3 

Thank you, well done to you too! Let me know if you do then, hehe yay! Ahh I'm so excited! <3

Just now, WillowBallerina said:

Thank you, well done to you too! Let me know if you do then, hehe yay! Ahh I'm so excited! <3

Thank you so much! It all depends whether i can get the funding really to whether or not i can go... but as soon as i know i'll tell you! I'm so excited too! <3

• Like 1

Hi Sissondoublee.......I only post on here very occasionally and only if I have something valid to say.  Yes my daughter was also on the waiting list. A place did become available as somebody turned theirs down. My daughter went all the way through..... Graduated last summer and is now with the Bayerische Stattsballett in Munich. Can't believe how time flies 

• Like 12

3 minutes ago, Juliet said:

Hi Sissondoublee.......I only post on here very occasionally and only if I have something valid to say.  Yes my daughter was also on the waiting list. A place did become available as somebody turned theirs down. My daughter went all the way through..... Graduated last summer and is now with the Bayerische Stattsballett in Munich. Can't believe how time flies 

Wow! That is so encouraging! Thank you for sharing your Dd’s story. 

Hi

My dd is also starting at Ballet West, if you email Heather she will send you the term dates as I've had them today. My dd hss done 2 summer schools and loved it, and the teachers. If you put Ballet West into the search there is a long thread with lots of information, i think there is details of a typical day buti could be wrong. 

• Like 2

What I will say is.....everybody's journey is different......and even if you don't make it at the beginning...it doesn't mean you won't be there at the end and visa versa.  It's an emotional roller coaster.....one I still haven't quite recovered from yet!! 😂

• Like 7

I've just been sorting out all my ballet stuff ....old programmes and cast lists etc well from the last ten to twelve years....the rest is already up in the loft! Needed to get some order into the current jumble! 

Anyway Ive noticed that over the years going to students performances etc that many of the students I personally thought stood out at the time had got places in German Companies like Dresden Munich and Berlin Stuttgart etc. 

Quite a few I couldn't understand why the Royal or BRB didn't snap them up!! But what do I know!! Just a ballet loving punter.

I have noticed though that some young students who have worked abroad for a few years do get a place back in the Royal Ballet Companies down the line. 

It has been quite fascinating looking back on these old student programmes to see even where those who were taken up by the Royal Company initially are now. The job although enjoyable took hours and hours needless to say! 

Well done to your DD Juliet ( who I will have certainly seen dance I think) for going all the way....it really is no mean achievement.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, SissonneDoublee said:

Waiting list for WL for DD... does anyone have any experience of this? 

My daughter has also got waiting list. She is devasted she didn’t get a place but pleased it isn’t an outright no at the moment.

It is all part of life lessons and of the dancing world I suppose. All the finalists did so well to get into the final and even to get to the venue last week!! 

I think she is feeling more upbeat now and ready for Elmhurst finals next week. She also has MDS audition for Tring. So fingers crossed.

well done to all the finalists, yes’s, WL and No’s. 😀

• Like 8

Thank you LinMM for your observations 😉  I truly believe there is a reason for everything....and there is much that goes on behind the scenes so to speak. There are plenty of great companies out there....and the experience my daughter is gaining is invaluable.  But this was really for me to say to those with possibly results that are a little disappointing....your children have done so well already.....and not getting into WL at this stage is not the end of the journey.  If it's what they want to do....keep going!!

• Like 2

Yes I agree. I've commented earlier in this thread...at least I think it was this one....that I know people rejected by the Royal for student places etc who have gone on to,have successful ballet careers ....including one boy who this year has just started dancing with the Bolshoi! So you never know when DD's and DS's are keen enough.

On 20/02/2018 at 21:06, Sarah2203 said:

Is anyone doing the Hammond first round lower audition in March? I requested a later date due to my own health issues. I did want to change to an earlier date but my dd has been insistent I leave it as it'd be unlucky to change it. Last year we had finished all the first round auditions by Jan so it's feeling very strange leaving it so late. 

Hi Sarah, yes, my DS will be there, looking for a year 7 place...👍

Hows the prep going?? xx

• Like 2

@MrsMoo2 my dd is so excited now. She's had her final private lesson today and her solo is looking great. She loves to sing so really looking forward to that part of the audition too. We're heading down early Monday so we can explore Chester as she never saw any of it last year. She's after a yr8 place so in all honesty we know places are like gold dust x

• Like 2

23 hours ago, Loulou said:

Hi

My dd is also starting at Ballet West, if you email Heather she will send you the term dates as I've had them today. My dd hss done 2 summer schools and loved it, and the teachers. If you put Ballet West into the search there is a long thread with lots of information, i think there is details of a typical day buti could be wrong. 

Thank you! Congratulations to your daughter, hopefully I'll be starting in September too x

• Like 1