The Royal Ballet: The Winter's Tale rehearsal live stream, Jan 30

Strange that it was "announced" so late - it's been stated on the booking page for the live event that there would be a web stream since day 1.

I was there - we had Fumi Kaneko, Tierney Heap and Akane Takada being coached by Christopher Wheeldon on Hermione, Paulina and Perdita respectively, as well as lots of really interesting chat from Wheeldon and Talbot.  And (the online audience doesn't see this) an audience Q&A session in which only intelligent questions were asked for a change ;)

• Like 8

Made for excellent viewing on line with a great balance of rehearsal and discussion.  Fascinating to hear Christopher Wheeldon's detailed explanation of the significance of parts of the choreography.  He was incredibly well served by all three dancers and I'm very tempted to see if I can make a performance of this cast.  Slightly surprised Clemency Burton-Hill introduced Akane as dancing Hermione rather than Perdita but she makes for a good presenter.  Would have loved to hear the question and answer session but that's being a bit greedy and it's wonderful that so many Insights are made available on line.

• Like 4

I found Christopher Wheeldon's insight to the motifs within the choreography illuminating. I loved The Winter's Tale when I first saw it in the cinema relay during its initial run, but this live rehearsal confirmed for me the intricacy and inventiveness withn the various solos and how well the choreography conveys these characters.  All three dancers were a joy to watch but I though Akane was sublime.

• Like 3

• 3 weeks later...