RBS Summer School

rudolph23

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

A place for my dd too, week 4 WL! Gobsmacked as she’s going to the spring intensive so didn’t expect both, even though I put the summer school as my preference. 

Now to decide how to tackle the topic of doubles fees with her dad 🤔

Congratulations to the yeses, my dd went in year 5 and had the best week of her life bless her xxxxx 

• Like 9

7 minutes ago, rudolph23 said:

Well done, everyone.  We haven't heard, so I'm thinking it's a no.  Oh well, DC has forgotten about it anyway 😊

They generally come out together (yeses and no’s and waiting lists I understand) so hopefully still be good news for you.

some come over a couple of days too xxxx 

• Like 2

39 minutes ago, Balletmum55 said:

A place for my dd too, week 4 WL! Gobsmacked as she’s going to the spring intensive so didn’t expect both, even though I put the summer school as my preference. 

Now to decide how to tackle the topic of doubles fees with her dad 🤔

Congratulations to the yeses, my dd went in year 5 and had the best week of her life bless her xxxxx 

Well done that is amazing xxx

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Yrosered said:

Nothing for us yet either - we applied for 2 weeks though, does that come separately? Still, not expecting a yes so teen is fine.

And it’s a no. Which solves the fees/leave problem I guess - 2 weeks was eye wateringly pricy. Well done to all the yeses and fingers crossed for those on the waiting list.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Yrosered said:

And it’s a no. Which solves the fees/leave problem I guess - 2 weeks was eye wateringly pricy. Well done to all the yeses and fingers crossed for those on the waiting list.

Thank you.  It is a bit of a lottery, isn't it...

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Bellaballerina's mum said:

Any guesses on what time the office closes? I keep looking at my email but suspect in vain as I’m guessing we won’t hear now it’s past 5??

Hi  I wouldn't worry too much about not hearing at the mo. Travel plans/commute and access to work is a challenge for most. They might not have the ususal number of staff in the office to process all the responses all in one go. Frustrating but still no news could be good news. ;)

Edited by balletbean
Spelling error
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, dancedaisy said:

we have just had a no, but placed on waiting list. Is this the same for all no's? My dd is a little upset, but only year 5 so a few more years to try!!! Congratulations to the yes emails and good luck to all those still waiting xx

No, not all no's get waiting list.  Remind her that a no to WL SS is not indicative of any future yes, or no's, to RBS and, of course, RBS is not the only dance school anyway.  There are people at RBS finals who were never accepted as a JA, or SS, and people in the company who weren't accepted at White Lodge, multiple times 😊

• Like 4

18 minutes ago, Dancer123 said:

Yes we were Waiting list last year! Never made JA now have RB finals and Spring and Summer Course!!! Had no for Elmhurst and have offer of a place at YDA! It’s hard to figure it all out!! 

That's an awesome journey already.  Getting plenty of yes's though 😊

A no for my DD. But she hadn't got her hopes up thankfully. Our photos were very amateurish. I do wonder how they can choose from just photos! But huge congratulations to all the yes-receivers! 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Katia05 said:

A no for my DD. But she hadn't got her hopes up thankfully. Our photos were very amateurish. I do wonder how they can choose from just photos! But huge congratulations to all the yes-receivers! 

😁 we took the photos in our lounge. I had no idea, I still don't know about any of this stuff. My son was in a full on foul mood, never again!! Compared to his JA application photos, the SS ones were a car crash!! So I am more than happy with him being placed on the WL. I expected a 'no' there were butterflies in the background. 😂

Sorry your daughter got a no, I hope she's ok. X

• Like 1