RBS Summer School

rudolph23

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

4 hours ago, rudolph23 said:

Anyone know when you hear back from the RBS Summer School Applications?  We've applied for White Lodge SS.  I know that hardly anyone gets offered it but I was just wondering 😊

We heard on the 10th March last year, by email. If that is of any help.

Edited by balletbean
  • Like 1

I remembered at the last minute to put dd's application in. She's been on the waiting list for the past 2 years so I think she is hoping this year might be 3rd time lucky. We can only hope! I did it all in such a hurry that I didn't even look at when we would hear but if its end of February at least we don't have too long to wait

• Like 2

19 hours ago, Lifeisgood said:

I believe middle of February! Good luck! 

Two years ago it was mid February that SS places were announced which was before places at Finals were known but last year it was after the Finals results, I think, at least a week after the Finals audition (despite saying February).  They gave the increased number of applications with the additional weeks as the reason for the delay.  So who knows when they will send SS results this year!  With the addition of the Easter Intensive and the option to apply for one or other there may be more opportunities for UK applicants. Fingers crossed for those waiting to hear! 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Lifeisgood said:

How many girls from the uk are there normally doing the ss? 

It understand that it can vary from group to group but from the information I was able to find out recently around 60% are overseas. Of those from the UK many are Associates and some train at RBS full-time.  This may have been different before they changed the format.  The new Easter one may also affect this - hopefully in favour of the UK dancers. 

On 26.1.2018 at 01:59, Newdancermum said:

It understand that it can vary from group to group but from the information I was able to find out recently around 60% are overseas. Of those from the UK many are Associates and some train at RBS full-time.  This may have been different before they changed the format.  The new Easter one may also affect this - hopefully in favour of the UK dancers. 

Am still hoping though, that my DS, who is at vocational school in Berlin, will get offered a SS WL place:)

On ‎26‎/‎01‎/‎2018 at 17:19, sarahw said:

When my dd was a JA very few got SS places ...

Now that there are four weeks in the summer I understand from DD's friends that there were more Associates offered places last year in the context of more places around.  We don't know anyone who applied for the Easter course - Associate or otherwise - so they are still waiting for the summer.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
7 hours ago, dancemom2 said:

Website says by the end of February: 

Applications for our Summer Programme have now closed. Applicants will be informed whether or not they have gained a place by the end of February.

Yeah, I read the above too but I was thinking that now the WL final results are out that they might move on to SS.  I'm being incredibly inpatient but I like to plan 😉

• Like 4