YBSS application 2018

sunrise81

Can anybody tell me how is the food in YBSS? Lots of healthy choices? Choice of fruits everyday? or not so healthy but “child friendly”? Is it advisable to pack lots of snacks? 

Also what DC do on the first Saturday after the welcome talk at 4;30pm? I know that there are no classes on the first day. 

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

6 hours ago, ButterflyBallerina said:

For those who have attended before could i ask a few questions 

I have seen the wifi isnt great, is phone signal ok ? Thinking pf getting DD a phone so we can speak to her while shes away.

Any tips for things she may need? That wouldn't be on the list necessities .

Thank you xx

Wifi and phone signal a bit hit and miss sadly I guess due to the rural location. The only 'extras' I send with my dd are her own towels (the ones provided are perfectly adequate but she just prefers her own!) If she is planning to rinse enough tights/leotards etc, an over-radiator dryer is useful (but probably not needed if going for a week). I have sent her with snacks/tuck in the past and a little bit of spending money (groups have sometimes got together to order in pizza in the evenings and there used to be an evening trip to the local designer outlet but not for the past couple of years). They all tend to wear a black leotard for the Friday presentation too. There are no shops within walking distance so plenty of supplies such as plasters, medication such as hay fever relief and ibuprofen (age dependent I guess) that might unexpectedly be needed!