Footpath needed for North Cumbrian villages

JohnS

Caldbeck Parish Council has set up a petition asking Cumbria County Council to support the establishment of a footpath which would give a safe, direct link between the villages of Hesket Newmarket and Caldbeck.  The funds for the construction of the footpath have been made available by a very generous gift.  Ten landowners agreed to the footpath but two have changed their minds.  The County Council has the powers to help but does not wish to get involved.  The Parish Council's petition went live on Monday afternoon and has already attracted 600+ signatures.  Please take a minute to look at the website and see if you would add your support.

qwxtuaHbomiZPqr-1600x900-noPad.jpg?1513603556

Cumbria County Council: Establish a direct, safe footpath between Hesket Newmarket and Caldbeck, Cumbria
Definitely a 'not dance' topic although for my part on those special occasions I can experience a similar elation from seeing ballet as from the magnificence of the Lake District fells.

• 1 month later...

Tried to sign this got stuck on "sign another 8 petions" signed ones I agreed with but kept repeating ones I did not agree with. I had to give up in the end. Think I only passed  2 steps. Would like to sign yours alone and then off to some where else.