Train disruption to the south of London

Good luck to anyone trying to get into London on South West Railways or whatever they're now called: a lineside fire has taken out platforms at Waterloo and appears to be causing chaos.  Also problems on Thameslink and Southern into London Bridge:

Details (and for the rest of the UK) here: http://www.nationalrail.co.uk/service_disruptions/today.aspx

Also there is a strike by Virgin trains West coast line this Friday. I am coming to the Sylvia matinee this Saturday from Lancashire. I hoped to get there and back in a day but because the matinee starts at 11.30 am (!) I am worried about trains being out of position Saturday morning so I've just booked overnight accommodation for Friday. Apparently Virgin still hope to run 2 trains an hour Preston to London and if I haven't a performance that night hopefully I'll get down sometime but it just seemed too risky leaving it until Saturday.

• Like 1

Yes Alison on southwestern trains. My train journey is usually an hour on the fast train out of Waterloo. Disruptions continue today unsurprisingly. 

Sympathies to all affected by travel difficulties. Hope no one missed a show because of them.