Jump to content
Coffeemum

Elmhurst audition queries

Recommended Posts

Glad you're sorted. We still haven't heard back from white lodge about the birmingham audition so I'll maybe have to give them a call incase I have missed it too

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We were told they send the confirmation (RBS) of attendance with times around second week in December starting with the first audition group.  Hope this is helpful.  I assume it will come through the new application portal.

Edited by junedancer
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, junedancer said:

We were told they send the confirmation (RBS) of attendance with times around second week in December starting with the first audition group.  Hope this is helpful.  I assume it will come through the new application portal.

Thank you. That is good to know. Gives a bit of time to make travel arrangements 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My dd has been accepted to the final audition we would need the funding for her if she was lucky enough to be awarded a place does anyone know how many funded places are given each year? 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The number is not

fixed in stone but almost all the places offered have MDS funding available for those eligible .

hope that helps x

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We were told that there are DADA awards for all those that qualify and other bursaries to help bridge the gap between MDS and DADA contributions - as the DADA only covers tuition and not the boarding.

Obviously the number of funded places depends on how much each child needs after the parental income is assessed . It’s a fixed pot of money and it’s allocated as needed for those awarded places until  it runs dry....

It seems that in practice most EU children have enough funding to make a place reasonably affordable.

Edited by Billyelliott
Typos removed and details clarified!
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Can anyone give me an idea of termly costs at Elmhurst for sixth form? Dd has been invited to finals have looked at dada website & we fall into middle bracket am I right in thinking approx £2000 per term for tuition & accommodation??thanks

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

DaDA do have an element of financial assistance for the maintenance element for those earning under £30,000 on a sliding scale that is means tested annually. (Unlike the tuition element that is only assessed once at the start of the course) x

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, mimi'smom said:

DaDA do have an element of financial assistance for the maintenance element for those earning under £30,000 on a sliding scale that is means tested annually. (Unlike the tuition element that is only assessed once at the start of the course) x

So sorry I’d forgotten about that - it’s so low that many don’t qualify for much at all!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Dd has a prelim for Elmhurst US on 10th January. Anyone any idea what the format of the day is likely to be? Would love to know likely start time and duration so that I can sort accommodation (if necessary) and transport. Also curious to know any details that anyone can share of the process - type of class (or classes), pointe, types of exercises, group sizes, that sort of thing. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
6 hours ago, BlueLou said:

Dd has a prelim for Elmhurst US on 10th January. Anyone any idea what the format of the day is likely to be? Would love to know likely start time and duration so that I can sort accommodation (if necessary) and transport. Also curious to know any details that anyone can share of the process - type of class (or classes), pointe, types of exercises, group sizes, that sort of thing. 

Last year it was a fairly simple ballet class in front of the audition panel. No pointe work. Parents were allowed to watch for the last 10 minutes. I think there was around 25 in a group. We parents were also given a tour of the accommodation and told about arrangements for A level choices etc. We stayed in Birmingham the night before I recall being there at about 9.30am. Hope this helps.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I would recommend staying in Birmingham the night before as traffic in the morning is terrible. Allow extra time to your journey from your hotel in the morning too. It took us half an hour to do what should have been a 10min journey last year.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎03‎/‎12‎/‎2017 at 22:07, Billyelliott said:

We were told that there are DADA awards for all those that qualify and other bursaries to help bridge the gap between MDS and DADA contributions - as the DADA only covers tuition and not the boarding.

Obviously the number of funded places depends on how much each child needs after the parental income is assessed . It’s a fixed pot of money and it’s allocated as needed for those awarded places until  it runs dry....

It seems that in practice most EU children have enough funding to make a place reasonably affordable.

I contacted Elmhurst after my DD attended the SS and was considering sixth form audition. Not being eligible for a DaDa due to our geographical location, fees were quoted at an eye-watering £30K pa  excl uniform, insurance, exams etc etc etc  :unsure: 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎07‎/‎12‎/‎2017 at 09:50, Loulabelle said:

I would recommend staying in Birmingham the night before as traffic in the morning is terrible. Allow extra time to your journey from your hotel in the morning too. It took us half an hour to do what should have been a 10min journey last year.

There is an Ibis hotel just 15 mins from the school, on the same road, if my memory serves me correctly. 

Edited by balletbean

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, balletbean said:

I contacted Elmhurst after my DD attended the SS and was considering sixth form audition. Not being eligible for a DaDa due to our geographical location, fees were quoted at an eye-watering £30K pa  excl uniform, insurance, exams etc etc etc  :unsure: 

Yes indeed BalletBean that fee ++ is what you would have to pay if not eligible for a DADA or fortunate enough to be offered a bursary 😬 - (but there are bursaries available to help for some  if they want you enough!) So it’s still worth a try......

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, Billyelliott said:

Yes indeed BalletBean that fee ++ is what you would have to pay if not eligible for a DADA or fortunate enough to be offered a bursary 😬 - (but there are bursaries available to help for some  if they want you enough!) So it’s still worth a try......

Thank you, however the bursaries and scholarships are only available to those living in the UK. We don't, we do live in GB though. We slip through the very expensive net!! :(

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...