Christmas television?

Not sure if this is the right place to post it because it's not TV but there was a BBC Radio 3 programme on Sat 15th December 'The Sound of Dance' dedicated to the Nutcracker with music from the ballet and other readings and interviews about music which I found very high quality and gave me new insights into the ballet score. 

Very high quality contribution from conductor Paul Murphy (Birmingham Royal Ballet) giving his views on interesting points from the score and the virtuosic demands it puts on musicians. Particularly liked the information on solo use of certain instruments - piccolo (in the Mirlitons and Transformation scene) cor anglais in the party farewell, harps at the opening of Act II, the innovative celeste in the Sugar Plum Fairy, and the children's choir at end of Act I.

As someone who finds often the live music as appealing as watching the ballet of the Nutcracker (if not more so) this was a wonderful programme. Haven't seen it mentioned on the forums so apologies if I am repeating someone else. It's available on BBC iplayer and downloadable as MP3 too I think.

• Like 3