Rambert - Autumn/Winter Tour 2017 including 'Goat' (Sadlers Wells, London November 2017)

Rambert were in Bradford last week.  My friend and I went on Friday evening.

The programme consisted of A Linha Curva, Ghost Dances and Goat.  The theatre was jam packed and there was a real buzz of expectation.  There were no cast sheets available and I even had to ask the running order!  

A Linha Curva is great fun and the company looked wonderful in it.  Josh Barwick looked as though he was drilling his way through to Australia with his spins.  It was a great way to open the evening.

Ghost Dances is as powerful as ever and the performance was terrific.  The ghosts were terrifying!  The music sounded much better than when I saw this piece in Clwyd earlier in the year.

And so to Goat.  I had really been looking forward to this as I saw Ben Duke's Paradise Lost (lies unopened beside me) last year and loved it.  Unfortunately Goat was (IMHO) a total pile of poo and an absolute waste of Rambert's wonderful dancers.  The lady singer was wonderful as were the three musicians accompanying her.  Miguel Altunaga was the "compere" and was terrific - it was easy to imagine him moving into a presenting role on television.  If there was anything that could possibly be classed as dancing I'm afraid it passed me by!  The audience (except my friend and I) went absolutely doolally at the end but I've got no idea why.

I don't know if the company are performing Goat at Sadler's Wells.  I can't wait to hear what other people think of it!

• Like 3

Foteini Christofilopoulou was at the Rambert rehearsal of 'Goat' at Sadlers Wells, November 2017. Here are some photos of that:

37689328895_2fd8df554f_z.jpg
Liam Francis, Hannah Rudd
© Foteini Christofilopoulou. Courtesy of DanceTabs / Flickr

26801164529_42737cbb9f_z.jpg
Hannah Rudd, Miguel Altunaga, Pierre Tappon
© Foteini Christofilopoulou. Courtesy of DanceTabs / Flickr

See more... 

Set from DanceTabs: Rambert: Goat
Courtesy of DanceTabs / Flickr

• Jan McNulty changed the title to Rambert - Autumn/Winter Tour 2017 including 'Goat' (Sadlers Wells, London November 2017)