I remember a thread some while ago that was less than enthusiastic about this production. Having just got home from watching it I am a little surprised that anyone would not enjoy it. I admit that the storyline is weak ( but dare I say not a lot weaker than the original Sleeping Beauty) but that is my only real criticism. Oh, and some of the headgear is a little bit iffy ! What is admirable is that it is well danced, the small stages that this company gave to work is a problem that they overcome well. The original music is evocative and interesting and the lighting and use of projections rather than scenery is most impressive. They are a very hardworking little company . They are not afraid to be inventive and I found the performance heart warming and very enjoyable.

• Like 1

• alison changed the title to Ballet Cymru

I saw their Midsummer Night's Dream a few weeks ago.  Overall enjoyable, but a funny mixture of the lovely and the frankly odd!  The white unitards hand-painted with flowers were absolutely gorgeous, but why top them off with frightful kitchen mop wigs?  The use of projection of foliage for scenery was a fantastic idea, but i don't know if it was UV light or what, but all the dancers' teeth were picked out (remember when you used to go to discos and your teeth glowed?) in a most distracting fashion, so that they all appeared to be wearing false teeth.  When the lights came up at the end, i was surprised at how normal looking they all were.  Much better!  With a few tweaks, this would have been lovely.