Sign in to follow this  
Amelia

Sergei Polunin - news and discussions - cont'd

Sergei's 'Documentary portrait' Dancer (quoting Radio Times) is being shown this Saturday 22nd on BBC2 at 11pm -12.20am. English/Russian/Ukraine + subtitles.

• Like 2

There is quite a nice two page article about Polunin in the week's Radio Times.  Nothing new really, but quite a positive tone, admitting he made mistakes in his younger years and not blaming the Royal Ballet at all, in fact thanking them for their support.

Edited by Pas de Quatre
Spelling
  • Like 4

I didn’t watch because I want him so much to come back to where he belongs. Isn’t he the same age as Vadream? Temperament has much to answer for where both this young men are today. 

• Like 2

I just have. It isn’t grabbing me the way “Take Me to Church” did. I can watch that on repeat!

• Like 2

I agree Fiz. He's wearing too many clothes in this video and his jacket detracts from his amazing synchronicity with the music. I remember reading something about why male ballet dancers wear dance belts. It was to the effect that when the music stopped every part of the dancers body should stop too! 

The video for 'Take Me to Church' is mesmerising to me because it's a perfect combination of Sergei's artistry and Hozier as a musician.

I luv the fact that everything in this video is wrong - grunge backdrop, everyday clothes - but that the power of the music and Sergei’s instinctive response to it is fabulous.  

• Like 1

Polunin has got a new tattoo .... See here.  Speaks for itself really.  

Edited by Bruce Wall

Polunin has given an interview recently in which he says that he intends to rent a flat in Moscow  and to start en educational programme in schools to teach ballet in a ‘positive way’. He compèred  a gala this Summer in the Crimea, arranged by Zelensky and attended by Putin, and there is a big project afoot to build a ballet school and performing arts centre there: I am sure all these events, including the tattoo, are entirely unconnected ...😉

Sigh...I read what he wrote on Instagram. Not good. I know one should keep art away from politics but in this case, I’m going to keep away from this particular artist in future.

• Like 2

Sorry if somebody has already mentioned this... He is in a new Disney film, The Nutcracker and the Four Realms, featured with Misty Copeland in the dance scene. 

1 hour ago, Tomoko.A said:

Sorry if somebody has already mentioned this... He is in a new Disney film, The Nutcracker and the Four Realms, featured with Misty Copeland in the dance scene. 

for literally a  few seconds

• Like 2

That is true  for all of his cinematic ventures to date (other than Dancer, of course). He has certainly extracted the maximum from these appearances though, in terms of media exposure.

Edited by BeauxArts
correcting an error

By the way: Sergei Polunin is still dancing - and I have never regretted attending one of his performances in Munich.

Here a quotation of the latest information by the Staatsballett:

"Sergei Polunin will return as Jean de Brienne in Ray Barra’s Raymonda on 19 and 20 January 2019.

The online, phone and box office sales has already started. For tickets please check the production website here.

Sergei Polunin will also be dancing the title role in Yuri Grigorovich’s Spartacus on 25 March 2019. Written ticket applications are already possible.

These bookings will be processed starting 22 December 2018. To hand in a written booking please click here.

The online, phone and box office sales start on 25 January 2019. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Oberon said:

Sergei Polunin will also be dancing the title role in Yuri Grigorovich’s Spartacus on 25 March 2019.

In many of the Spartacus costumes you will see the tattoo  - I should go just to hear the reactions of the audience at the Munich Nationaltheater when they recognize Putin on the breast of a slave in ancient Rome... 😨😱  Or will he tape it?

• Like 3

26 minutes ago, Angela said:

In many of the Spartacus costumes you will see the tattoo  - I should go just to hear the reactions of the audience at the Munich Nationaltheater when they recognize Putin on the breast of a slave in ancient Rome... 😨😱  Or will he tape it?

Now you gave me an idea, this would definitely be interesting🙊🙈

1 hour ago, Angela said:

It's chest, not breast, isn't it? 🙄

https://www.quora.com/Whats-the-difference-between-chest-and-breast

• Like 1