Swiss Ball

junedancer

Can anyone recommend a good make for a swiss ball?  We are on our second.  The first lasted well enough so when we replaced we looked for the same make but couldn't find it so went for what we thought would be a good product.  It doesn't seem to be big enough - it should be 65cm - and goes down quite quickly so I am fed up with it.  DD now doesn't use it - I think she might have lost a plastic part needed to pump it up and doesn't want to ask me and get into trouble for loosing it!  Any recommendations?  I would love just to get her a new one.  How much does the size matter?  As I said I thought 65cm would be fine but this seems smaller but am not sure we can pump it up anymore to see.  Thanks.

You could message scienceindance.com which is run by Mr Rupert Wiltshire MSc he is a strength and conditioning coach for KS Dance and several other ballet dancers aswell as atheletes. If you explain what your daughter uses a Swiss ball for he will advise, if not your daughter could follow him on Instagram he is theballetstrengthpro and he will answer any questions she wants to ask on there. He is busy at the moment with KS open days but very helpful 

hope this helps 

• Like 1

In my Pilates business I use ‘fitness mad’ products which are sturdy and well made.  They have their own website but you can often buy their stuff on amazon.  I am 5’8” and used a 65cm ball but prefer 75cm ball for some things (though technically too big for me). When I do a Swiss ball class with clients the range of sizes is tremendous,  a 65cm ball can be completely different in different makes - of course it shouldn’t so if it’s not right you should send it back. 

If under 5’ 4” a 55cm ball is about right. 

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, trog said:

I have this one  https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B014V0EZLY/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o09_s00  When I first pumped it up in Feb 2016 it was 64 cms. I haven't actually measured it, but I don't think it has gone down.  All I do on mine, is sit on it to watch TV.

When I asked DD what she used it for she said "this and that" and then suggested I could also use it for sitting on to watch TV so looks like we might need to get two - one for her and one for me!  :lol:

• Like 2