I caught part of today's Sound of Dance in the car and have just enjoyed the whole programme on iPlayer.  Wonderful to hear Monica Mason and Ed Watson talk so eloquently about dancing Kenneth MacMillan's choreography.  A gem of a programme which I will certainly listen to again but it's only available for 30 days.  So many highlights but Monica Mason talking through the last few minutes of Song of the Earth whilst the music is playing is utterly captivating.

• Like 3

I wonder if I'm the only person who clicked on this thread just because of the train of thought "Ballet on the radio? How would that work?"... :D

• Like 3

Actually, didn't Leanne Benjamin do the same a few years back?

2 hours ago, alison said:

Actually, didn't Leanne Benjamin do the same a few years back?

She did, but I believe the daily instalments were longer then (30 minutes compared to approximately 10 minutes now I think).

Looking forward to hearing Mr Mc Rae- at 10.50 I think. It must be good for him to have other engagements, having sadly been suffering with injury lately.

Not sure if it's been flagged elsewhere but Sound of Dance on Radio 3 Saturday 7 April 3pm (tomorrow as I post this) complements the Bernstein Triple Bill.  Katie Derham interviews Wayne McGregor about Yugen and Chichester Psalms.

• Like 2