Ballet and dance on BBC Radio 3

• 4 weeks later...

I caught part of today's Sound of Dance in the car and have just enjoyed the whole programme on iPlayer.  Wonderful to hear Monica Mason and Ed Watson talk so eloquently about dancing Kenneth MacMillan's choreography.  A gem of a programme which I will certainly listen to again but it's only available for 30 days.  So many highlights but Monica Mason talking through the last few minutes of Song of the Earth whilst the music is playing is utterly captivating.

• Like 3

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Not sure if it's been flagged elsewhere but Sound of Dance on Radio 3 Saturday 7 April 3pm (tomorrow as I post this) complements the Bernstein Triple Bill.  Katie Derham interviews Wayne McGregor about Yugen and Chichester Psalms.

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • alison changed the title to Ballet and dance on BBC Radio 3
On 01/02/2018 at 12:01, BristolBillyBob said:

I wonder if I'm the only person who clicked on this thread just because of the train of thought "Ballet on the radio? How would that work?"... :D

Well tap dancing has been 'performed' on the radio by Fred Astaire, no less.

Linda

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...
On ‎01‎/‎02‎/‎2018 at 12:01, BristolBillyBob said:

I wonder if I'm the only person who clicked on this thread just because of the train of thought "Ballet on the radio? How would that work?"... :D

In the forties and fifties they had ventriloquism on the radio in the form of Educating Archie (and others) which is even more bizarre.

https://www.otrcat.com/ventriloquists-in-old-time-radio

• Like 5

• 1 month later...

I see there’s a Steve Reich live broadcast on Radio 3 tonight, including Runner (commissioned for Wayne McGregor’s Multiverse).  Also Clapping Music and Music for 18 Musicians.  Apologies - only 30 minutes notice but on iPlayer.

• Like 1