The Canterville Ghost 2018 by LCB

Swanilda

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hiya, it's a simple half hour ballet class, then they all troop out and the numbers of the dancers they want for the recallΒ are called out. Everyone else goes home, and the recalled dancers from each age group have another, more complex session in front of the panel. Last year DD was recalled and we finally left around 12.30. She heard she was in finals about a week later, which wereΒ held about two weeks after the initial audition. In finals they learnt steps and sequences from the ballet. She didn't get picked from finals, but still had a ball.Β Hope that's helpful.

• Like 2

We were there on Sunday and I must say it was exceptionally well organised, even down to having someone assigned to pin numbers on leotards! They did mention that this year there are 670 children auditioning for the 60 places and that that is a record number of "auditionees". I think the numbers of those recalled from each first audition do vary so it's hard to say what the chances are. If I had to guess I'd think perhaps 30 percent get a recall on the day, but I assume only about half of those are then invited to Finals? Good luck everyone!!

Just now, margarite said:

Last year from a class of 30, DD was one of 7 recalled. In the recall class there were 30 nine year olds altogether. In the final, the class size was around 30 and a mixture of 9 and 10 year olds.Β 

Thanks for this. Sounds very similar to numbers so far this year.Β 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, margarite said:

She didn't get picked from finals, but still had a ball.Β Hope that's helpful.

Β 

Last year the cast was much smaller so hope you get good news this year.Β  LCB is a great experience.Β  We know of one dancer who auditioned every year and never gave up and on her last chance was cast in a lead role.

• Like 4

My ddΒ auditioned last week and disappointingly didn’t get recalled. She really enjoyed the experience and says she wants to try again next year. She was in the age 11 category but was literally only 11 for 3 weeks! Feeling a bit sad for her as she was so excited but I’m not sure I would want her auditioning again if she is always the youngest in the category?! What do others think?Β 

Β 

Β 

Always good to try again! My DD has been recalled once out of three attempts so far and got through to the LCB2 tour but never the main company. She is there today for a final attempt as a 14 year old.Β 

As for the age conundrum; at least your DD is in a great position for vocational school auditions that use the school year age bands as guidance!Β My August born DD is always at a disadvantage there!Β 

Good luck in the future!Β 

• Like 3

35 minutes ago, Number11 said:

My ddΒ auditioned last week and disappointingly didn’t get recalled. She really enjoyed the experience and says she wants to try again next year. She was in the age 11 category but was literally only 11 for 3 weeks! Feeling a bit sad for her as she was so excited but I’m not sure I would want her auditioning again if she is always the youngest in the category?! What do others think?Β 

Β 

Β 

Definetly try again. Unfortunately there always hasΒ to be someoneΒ at an age disadvantage, my daughter is a late August baby so it's been a constant part of our livesΒ as she is almost a year younger than some of her classmates! I think it's given herΒ a bit of fighting spirit as she is always the youngest (and often the smallest!!). There will be some in the LCB auditions who won't have birthdays until as late as December too.Β Best of luck for the future.

• Like 4

They split the first auditions by age and there were four auditions of 11 year olds. My DD was in the fourth one (the oldest group) and said she thought they actually might have taken a bigger percentage through from the earlier groups as only 7 went through from hers. Margarite is spot on - some of the dancers in the 11 years category might still actually be 10, given that the age is taken as of 1st Jan 2018. Definitely agree with everyone who says try again, especially if she enjoyed the experience. There are plenty of success stories of those who didn't get through at the first or second attempt.Β 

1 hour ago, Flora11 said:

Always good to try again! My DD has been recalled once out of three attempts so far and got through to the LCB2 tour but never the main company. She is there today for a final attempt as a 14 year old.Β 

As for the age conundrum; at least your DD is in a great position for vocational school auditions that use the school year age bands as guidance!Β My August born DD is always at a disadvantage there!Β 

Good luck in the future!Β 

Huge luck to your DD Flora 11!

• Like 1

I didn’t realise they split the auditions in age within the age! So she will have been with children close to her age then. And I hadn’t even twigged that some children might not even be 11 justΒ yet!! Β IΒ suppose there will always be disadvantages with ages in everything... she will def want to go for it again next year. Thank you for your wise words people!! Good luck to all your children xxx

• Like 4

I reckon we are cursed to always get delayed results. Both DDs got recalls on the day but only one has her Finals result. Anyone else still waiting? I know yeses from DD2's group have already heard so it's quite hard on her!

12 hours ago, MAK said:

I reckon we are cursed to always get delayed results. Both DDs got recalls on the day but only one has her Finals result. Anyone else still waiting? I know yeses from DD2's group have already heard so it's quite hard on her!

Fingers crossed you hear soon - how stressful!Β 

• Like 1

The dreaded "no" has finally arrived so we have DD1 into the Finals and DD2 with a recall but no Finals. We definitely would have predicted the result to be in reverse for this one. My two literally seem to take it in turns with good news and bad news, it's an emotional rollercoaster. Thank goodness both of them are emotionally a lot tougher than I am πŸ˜‚

• Like 1