Winter training

Balletnovice

Im wondering if schools only run summer schools or if they run the equivalent at other times of the year? I'm particularly looking for a course over the winter (or Easter if I've left it too late) for my 14 year old daughter. She mainly ballet but loves to give all dance styles a go. We're Midlands based but happy to travel. 

Thanks in advance.

• Like 1

Malvern ballet seminars, ran by the same people as OPES, which is a brilliant summer course. I've heard equally excellent reviews of MBS for Easter and the venue looks beautiful and can be residential. Hoping my dd will go next year if our dates work out ok x 

Ballet boost also do an Easter course at pineapple studios in London - that's only 3 days and non residential. Teachers are fabulous tho!

I think at Christmas Olivia Pickford does a few days of classes in Birmingham. Pictures might know more about this??? 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Picturesinthefirelight said:

Dd went to Malvern last year & loved it. 

The same people (Olivia & Errol Pickford) slso run Winter classes at Dance Xchange in Birmingham between Christmas & New Year. No accommodation but we stay at the premier inn. 

Pictures that's so weird! Posting at the same time!! 

• Like 2

I noticed the Royal Ballet School was doing a Spring Course this year in the Easter Hols, might be new? Closing date for applications: 24th November.

• Based at The Royal Ballet School, White Lodge, Richmond
  • One week of intensive ballet training
  • Open to 11 to 15-year-olds
  • From 9 to 13 April 2018
  • Applications open here on 10 October 2017
  • Residential and non-residential places available

Fees - London

Non-residential £530

Residential £765

Central also has courses at Easter I think.

Edited by MAK
Extra details

• 5 months later...

Hi Ballet novice

We run a Xmas intensive which is great fun and sandwiched between boxing day and new years eve on 27th/28th/29th December. It is a great way to go back to the new assessment term or audition term without the mince pies onboard !!

Please email for further details nicola@woodsidedanceretreat.com

Also check out our Facebook pages and instagram pages.

We also run Easter courses too.

Good luck.

Kind regards

Nicola Moriarty

Principal

• Like 1

My dd has done all of the courses mentioned above at one time or another and Woodside Dance Retreat is absolutely the best value for money.

The small class size means that each young dancer gets individual attention and the positivity in the studio (and their home) is wonderful after a term at vocational school!

So glad we found them!:)

Hi is Woodside dance retreat open to non-vocational students too? I will be auditioning for vocational schools next academic eye at and thought it would be a very good idea to keep up technique and stamina in the holidays (something other than practising at home!) and WDR looks beautiful. 

Edited by ArucariaBallerina
  • Like 1