[A general thread for any feedback on the range of Kenneth MacMillan insight events being put on by the ROH in commemoration of the 25th anniversary of his death]

On 10/10/2017 at 23:21, Bruce said:

On a more positive note I really enjoyed tonight's livestream and thought Clemency Burton-Hill did a fine job knitting it all together. I hope she does more and similar for RB. Nice to see Marion Tait, Viviana Durante and Irek Mukhamedov at work coaching two diverse works, each spine-tingling in very different ways.

And even more heart warming to see the tiny excerpt from House of Birds with Gable and Wells! But the whole programme excellent

Edited by alison
Deleted redundant text
  • Like 4

8 hours ago, ninamargaret said:

And even more heart warming to see the tiny excerpt from House of Birds with Gable and Wells! But the whole programme excellent

7 hours ago, bangorballetboy said:

I thought tonight's insight evening was excellent and I was enraptured throughout (which is not always the case).

1 hour ago, JohnS said:

Agreed!  One vignette - Irek Mukhamedov's coaching Benn for the suffocation was absolutely mesmerising.  Irek still has such fluidity in his movement and brought back many memories of past performances.

Yes, yes, yes!

The House of Birds pdd was a particular revelation - would love to see that brought back again, if not the complete work. More details:

http://www.kennethmacmillan.com/house-of-birds

• Like 3

A general thread for any feedback on the range of Kenneth MacMillan insight events being put on by the ROH in commemoration of the 25th anniversary of his death, the second of which is tonight.  Unfortunately I shan't be able to attend this one, so I hope it is being livestreamed too :(

Edit: it is: http://www.roh.org.uk/news/watch-live-the-genius-of-choreographer-kenneth-macmillan-on-13-october-2017

Phew :(

Do report back, Petunia.  Presumably that's not all you're coming over for?

Oh, and the programme mentions Naghdi and Ball ...  There's no indication that the Swiss Church insights are being filmed, from what I can see, but I hope at least they are being recorded for posterity.

No, that's not all but I wouldn't call it an "extravaganza" either :)!

It's Liverpool before that (to see Giselle again) and on Friday 27th I'll be at the ROH for the mixed bill.

Am available for meetups or a pub or whatever. Mr P is coming, too.

Naghdi / Ball sounds great, thanks! I haven't yet seen a programme.

• 2 weeks later...

Did anyone get to either of yesterday's?  I'd intended to go, but the ROH had pulled the event off the website early owing to it being an external event, and I didn't want to risk traipsing all the way up there and then finding I couldn't get in.