Bella

BRB sleeping beauty dreams

On 06/10/2017 at 17:43, PurplePebble said:

Hello All.. (no news sorry .. will get that out of the way up front)

I'm very glad to have stumbled across this forum. We are complete newbies to the whole process and i was beginning to think that no news was no place. 

A long story that i won't go in to, I had to contact BRB for an unconnected reason and, at that point, we too were told that successful and unsuccessful candidates would be advised within 3 weeks from the first audition date (17/09).
** apparently this was made known at the audition but i am not convinced that every group who was seen, actually got that message. We live and learn..

I didn't quite appreciate how much of an effect the long wait would have on a young dancer.
I was also quite surprised to see on here, the mention of a cost involved, should a place be secured. This is new news and not something that i have come across in any application or audition information... have i been extremely naive?         

I was unaware of costs too. Only found out when talking to people I knew who did it last year. We had no chat during DDs audition so had no idea of wait involved, what it meant if you did/didn't get a call back, only thing we were told was regarding the dancers themselves to sign-in and collect a number to pin onto leotard.

Also unaware about 2 apparent intensive days in October half term. All it said when applying was 'six intensive days between October and February'. The more time goes on, the less chance we'll be able to say yes even if DD gets a place. Half term is 2 weeks away, and DD has signed up to multiple dance events. It's a real shame not every audition slot got the same chat.

Just had a quick look back through emails. The three weeks is from the second lot/ extra lot of auditions that took place on 24th Sept.
So i think we wait a teeny bit longer:
'Following the auditions this weekend we will notify all auditionees as to whether they have or have not been successful within the next three weeks.' Katie Mann - 22/09/17. ;)

6 minutes ago, PurplePebble said:

Just had a quick look back through emails. The three weeks is from the second lot/ extra lot of auditions that took place on 24th Sept.
So i think we wait a teeny bit longer:
'Following the auditions this weekend we will notify all auditionees as to whether they have or have not been successful within the next three weeks.' Katie Mann - 22/09/17. ;)

Thanks PurplePebble - the plot thickens.  Our recall letter was on the 19th and it didn't have that information on at all (just looked).  Anyway, in a nutshell we are going to have to wait a bit longer as you've said.  It would have been nice to all have been told the same thing though!  ;)  Have a good day.

I finally cracked and emailed Katie Mann today. Apparently the project officer was away last week but they are aiming to get all the results out this week, which should help everyone with half term planning. 

Thanks for passing this news on, fairhead.

Sounds like it could be as late as Friday :huh: 

Like others on here I really have little clue about cost and commitment - all just a bit of guesswork and joining the dots - so it's been very helpful and reassuring to hear from others in the same boat.

Good luck for nice news this week after this long wait everyone!  

Hi everyone, I am a newbie to this audition lark as this is the first audition my daughter has done mainly due to heavy dance commitments!  Anyway so glad I found this forum it is driving me mad waiting for an email!!  Hopefully we should all know one way or another by the end of the week!!  Good luck to you all x

14 hours ago, Lynn said:

Hi everyone, I am a newbie to this audition lark as this is the first audition my daughter has done mainly due to heavy dance commitments!  Anyway so glad I found this forum it is driving me mad waiting for an email!!  Hopefully we should all know one way or another by the end of the week!!  Good luck to you all x

Me too Lynn, I was at the point of deciding this would be our first and last, until i found this forum and realised it's perhaps not the norm.  :)   

30 minutes ago, fairhead said:

Letters have started arriving, we got ours this morning. Good luck everyone! 

Good news or bad news? :D xx

17 hours ago, Lynn said:

Hello Lynn and welcome to the Forum!

6 minutes ago, fairhead said:

She's very happy, I'm very relieved 😌 

Brilliant news - congratulations and thanks for letting us know xx

We had some nice news here today but I'd imagine letters would all go out at the same time? So may yet be good news for those who haven't heard today. Our post is usually pretty unpredictable. Today an exception!

Fingers crossed folks 

7 hours ago, Pinkfairy said:

Hi all ... my first forum ✋️  Just received a letter this morning for offers thought you would all like to know xxx

Hello Pinkfairy and welcome to the Forum!

Imagine they will wait for ' can not do's ' before sending any no's surely as they have asked for a early deadline ... I'm sure there will be more who don't know about fees or commitment maybe so fingers grossed for everyone x